• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Versa button mod, version 87

Dragsmack

Dec 10, 2017
Let me preface this by admitting that I am not the most mechanically inclined individual, so please bear with me. I am considering the versa button mod on my heliums in order to use the new @ckossuth versa straps. I did not feel safe the way the preda tail attached to the stock helium attachment.

I have heard guys talk about countersinking the versa button or drilling it out vs. Drilling a nesting hole in stick above it. Can you guys walk me through this countersink or "drilling out" process? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: ckossuth

ckossuth

Vendor Rep
Feb 18, 2018
Rolla, Missouri
Let me preface this by admitting that I am not the most mechanically inclined individual, so please bear with me. I am considering the versa button mod on my heliums in order to use the new @ckossuth versa straps. I did not feel safe the way the preda tail attached to the stock helium attachment.

I have heard guys talk about countersinking the versa button or drilling it out vs. Drilling a nesting hole in stick above it. Can you guys walk me through this countersink or "drilling out" process? Thanks in advance!

I've never done the particular mod you're talking about. Someone who has will chime in here shortly I'm sure.

Reactions: Dragsmack

DaveT1963

Vendor Rep
Dec 2, 2014
I have done it plenty of times. Just get a drill bit a tad bigger then the bolt head. Drill down into the versa button uni8t the bolt head will be countersunk. Simple mod. That doesn't jeopardize how the versa works. the bolt holds all the pressure, the top of the button just keeps the rope from slipping off. Been doing this for years on Helium Sticks (I cover it in one of my older stick videos)

Dragsmack

Dec 10, 2017
I have done it plenty of times. Just get a drill bit a tad bigger then the bolt head. Drill down into the versa button uni8t the bolt head will be countersunk. Simple mod. That doesn't jeopardize how the versa works. the bolt holds all the pressure, the top of the button just keeps the rope from slipping off. Been doing this for years on Helium Sticks (I cover it in one of my older stick videos)
Awesome! Thanks Dave!

Reactions: ckossuth