• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Video Blog!

Boudreaux

Vendor Rep
Feb 28, 2014
Utah
YOUTUBE
UCfsJLpIu20dPzWfb7JWO9gQ
Hey guys, Just wanted to let you know that I will be doing a video blog this year just for saddlehunter.com. You can click on the blog tab in the upper right hand corner. This will cover everything from hunting set ups, failures, tips and tricks that you can only find right here on saddlehunter.com. If you want to see something specific just let me know!!

Thanks,
Boswell

Stykbow1

Vendor Rep
Apr 2, 2014
New Jersey
Hi Boswell,

Yes I'd like to see hunting setups and how to mod your Aero Hunter for better comfort. I'd also like to see what some are using as a platform besides tree steps or the ratchet strap and ameristep steps. Looking forward to seeing the video blogs.

Thanks,

Roger

Boudreaux

Vendor Rep
Feb 28, 2014
Utah
YOUTUBE
UCfsJLpIu20dPzWfb7JWO9gQ
Stykbow,
What are you looking when you say "hunting setups"?

Thanks,
Boswell

Stykbow1

Vendor Rep
Apr 2, 2014
New Jersey
Boudreaux said:
Stykbow,
What are you looking when you say "hunting setups"?

Thanks,
Boswell

Hi Boswell,

Actually videos of a hunting set up in another thread people were posting pics but sometimes watching the actually steps in setting up and hunting from a saddle can help the new guys or those who want to try a saddle but haven't yet. I had a chance to try Scott's AH saddle and setup but I'm interested in what types of platforms others are using, since the Ameristep's are becoming so hard to find and expensive, I'm looking for alternatives to that type of system just in case. I have watched many of your other videos and emailed you a couple times a while back about the TL saddle and I'm just hoping to get a better idea as to what might work for me and what might not.

So far I have decided on a AH saddle and what I'm going to use to get up the tree, the drill and peg system, what I'm going to use as a lineman's belt, what type of tree rope and bridge size, but the platform so far is something that I haven't been able to nail down. As I said the Ameristep strap and over the center buckle look great and are portable but hard to find and expensive, regular tree steps would work but require more effort to install and I wouldn't want to have to install and remove them on each hunt so they would be more or less a permanent solution for that set, I have Sky hooks and they might work for that application.

I'm also trying to decide how to get the other equipment to the stand and how to hang and arrange things, I've got several ideas but sometimes when you see someone else's stuff hanging you can get a better idea what might work for your own situation. I have used a Day One camo pack for years but it seems many saddle users prefer bags attached to the saddle so that is something else I'm trying to figure out and for me a visual like a picture or video is much easier for me to understand and decide wether I like it or might not. Thanks Boswell I hope this helps better explain what I meant and what I'm looking to learn.

Roger

Boudreaux

Vendor Rep
Feb 28, 2014
Utah
YOUTUBE
UCfsJLpIu20dPzWfb7JWO9gQ
Roger,
I will see what I can do for you. I have some really good ideas but its going to take a day where I have some time and am not rushed to get in the tree.

Check out the blog, just posted the video from the night I took my buck!

Thanks,
Boswell

alukban

Oct 19, 2014
I love yer vids to Boswell - really helped me do the fine tuning adjustment to the AeroHunter I just picked from Cedar Paul. :mrgreen: