• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

(Video) Foot climber for saddle hunting

Mr Price

Here is a short clip of my foot climber I use. So far my total weight of everything I use, including, foot climber, harness, pack, safety rope with caribeners, range finder, flash light, bottle of water and all other little stuff is 14lbs.

Last edited:
This may not be anything good for those who prefer having a prehung setup or for trees with lots of low limbs. But for around here we have lots of straight trees with no branches till you get past 25'.

I'm not sure of exactly what you're using there, but if you could find a way to integrate some quality straps attached to the frame and it double as a form of a frame pack it would catch more peoples attention. I like the looks of it!

Thanks great idea I just picked one for free, weighs 5.6 pounds came from a tree lounge i will practice with it and add it to my tree climbing arsenal

It does look like it works great if you hunt in telephone pole woods. It Also looks like you’re back to carrying a climber. Don’t they make 12-15lb hand climbers with an even smaller footprint than that?

If you’re going to carry one piece with a footprint that big, are limited to limbless trees, and around the same amount of weight regardless, why not carry a climber?

Last edited:
Yes it is tree lounge foot climbing aid it's actually lighter than I thought it would be the full stand is a heavyweight more than I care to handle

I'm not sure of exactly what you're using there, but if you could find a way to integrate some quality straps attached to the frame and it double as a form of a frame pack it would catch more peoples attention. I like the looks of it!
It's easier to just throw it over your shoulder. I use my pad that I strap on the tree for my knees to cushion it on my shoulder. Trying to keep it as simple as possible

My 4 lone wolf sticks with rope mods weighs 11 . 5 lbs the foot climbing aid is 5.6 lbs a bit of savings there

Screenshot_20190813-180418_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a cool method. But I could use my climber just as well. Of course the saddle is still better for different directions of shots than the climber seat. I'm gonna have to ponder on this one for a while. Thanks!

Looks like a cool method. But I could use my climber just as well. Of course the saddle is still better for different directions of shots than the climber seat. I'm gonna have to ponder on this one for a while. Thanks!
Your climber will weigh a lot more. A LOT!
My climbing aid only weighs around 5 lbs. Everything else would be taken with me if I was in a lock-in, a climber or ladder stand. So let's compare 5 lbs to a 16-24 lb climber.

It does look like it works great if you hunt in telephone pole woods. It Also looks like you’re back to carrying a climber. Don’t they make 12-15lb hand climbers with an even smaller footprint than that?

If you’re going to carry one piece with a footprint that big, are limited to limbless trees, and around the same amount of weight regardless, why not carry a climber?
Read, what I just posted above this. Maybe that would help make it more clear

Your climber will weigh a lot more. A LOT!
My climbing aid only weighs around 5 lbs. Everything else would be taken with me if I was in a lock-in, a climber or ladder stand. So let's compare 5 lbs to a 16-24 lb climber.

Can you show some video of you making a shot behind you, a weak side shot, and working around the tree to make say, a 12 and a 2 o’clock shot?

Back