• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Viking Solutions Kwik Hoist

Westdesign03

SH Member
Decided to pick up one of these from Camofire the other day. Seems like it’ll be pretty helpful to lift a deer up to cut up or just help lift up onto the platform on the back of the car.
a9438cbe44c95221f8ecbf11e631903b.jpg

087c1d1f2974b59367d83e999452a7d4.jpg

cff34476e9f169959cc5198dfd7f742c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much did that run ya? That looks pretty slick...easy to install on the “tree”?

How much did that run ya? That looks pretty slick...easy to install on the “tree”?

Yeah super easy to install. Just hold it up to the tree and wrap the chain around and fit the nearest link into the slot there and that’s it. It was $60 on Camofire. Seems like it shows up on there every other week or so.

Might have to pick up one of those.

They make some handy stuff for us older guys. I bought the L-E-Vator a number of years ago to load deer into the bed of my truck. It’s been a lifesaver multiple times when hunting solo. Those last 3 feet can be the toughest of the entire drag with a heavy buck. Very compact and takes very little room in my truck.

Might have to pick up one of those.

They make some handy stuff for us older guys. I bought the L-E-Vator a number of years ago to load deer into the bed of my truck. It’s been a lifesaver multiple times when hunting solo. Those last 3 feet can be the toughest of the entire drag with a heavy buck. Very compact and takes very little room in my truck.

Awesome. I’ve been eying those up for a while too. Will definitely be getting one of those eventually. I basically only ever solo hunt. Don’t have any friends or family that hunt. So that would be amazing. I don’t yet have a truck to have to lift that high either. But still would be super useful.

I bought the one that fits into the trailer hitch. Those things are awesome. One field I hunt doesn't have any trees. I used to clean the deer in the ground. My lower back would hurt for 2 days. These portable hangers are nice! I also bought one of those run and gun deer joist from Dano. I haven't used it yet, but I don't think I will ever drag another deer.

Last edited:
I bought the one that fits into the trailer hitch. Those things are awesome. One field I hunt doesn't have any trees. I used to clean the deer in the ground. My lower back would hurt for 2 days. These portable hangers are nice! I also bought one of those run and gun deer joist from Dano. I haven't used it yet, but I don't think I will ever drag another deer.

I keep eying those trailer hitch carriers up too on Camofire. How stable are they carrying a deer while driving?

Also where is the run and gun deer hoist on DanO? Couldn’t find it on the website.

I keep eying those trailer hitch carriers up too on Camofire. How stable are they carrying a deer while driving?

Also where is the run and gun deer hoist on DanO? Couldn’t find it on the website.

I don’t think they are made to hold the deer while driving. Mostly to gut, skin, and quarter up a deer. Some of them are made to lift them up and then swing 180 to set it in the bed.

Here is the hoist: https://doublesteps.com/product/mts-run-gun-ultralight-hoist/

I don’t think they are made to hold the deer while driving. Mostly to gut, skin, and quarter up a deer. Some of them are made to lift them up and then swing 180 to set it in the bed.

Here is the hoist: https://doublesteps.com/product/mts-run-gun-ultralight-hoist/

Oh gotcha. Thanks. I was looking for something totally different. Yeah that would not be good to drive with. I was thinking of the Viking Solutions deer cart that also hooks up to a trailer hitch. Was thinking there was something like that on DanO. Makes more sense now.

Back