• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Vortex Crossfire

Oldforester

Anyone have any experience/informed opinions on Vortex’s Crossfire line of scopes? My el cheapo rifle scope (a VERY old Tasco) just took a crap. I know Leupold makes really good stuff and I love my Leupold Binos but that brand is out of my price range at the moment which is around $150. I know they also make a more affordable scope but a couple of my friends have had not so favorable experiences with them, so I’m specifically looking at this particular line of scopes. And since I can get one right now with free shipping for $149 it seems worth taking a look at. Will be purchasing the 3x9-40 and It’s for a Remington 700 in 25-06 if that matters. Thanks!

I have a crossfire II muzzle loader scope that is a 1x24. I bought it for my inline but have since taken it off and put on a 3x9. It's a really clear scope and seems well built. I shot it for about a year on my .50 cal CVA. I never had any issue with it. Its on my handi rifle now. I might also suggest the Nikon buckmaster at that price point. I've had the Nikon for five years or so and really like it.

I have a vortex Sonora which is kind of like a crossfire. It’s pretty good for the price. I’ve also got a sig sauer scope that’s about the same price and it sucks. I vote vortex

I've got a crossfire scout 2 on a rifle. It holds zero. I would firmly advise spending money on glass.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I don't have the scope, but I have the crossfire binos. They are crystal clear, crisp, and bring in light extremely well in low light scenarios. I imagine the scope to be of similar quality and don't think you'll be disappointed if you pull the trigger.

I have a Crossfire ll on a Rem 700 in .300 WM. 6-24x50. Love it, crystal clear view, brings in plenty of light. I doubt you can find better customer service either. Vortex is the way to go. Has held zero for 5 years of hunting.

I've got 2 of them. Like @Ckwilli a 1x24 on my 50cal cva. It's Good for what it is. And a 4-12x44 on my 270 that hasn't had the Zero touched in 5 years. Decent scope for the money but would recommend the diamondback line for a little better glass

I just put a crossfire 2 on my 48 Win Model 70 30-06. Awesome little scope. Avoid Nikon, they have stopped manufacturing rifle scopes from liberal pressure/cancel culture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I was able to get the Diamondback version in 3x9-40 for $189 with free shipping. 40 bucks more than I was planning on dropping for the crossfire, but like @Pooh said, the glass is a little better so what the heck. Might as well. Anyway thanks again for the input guys!

I’ve had one for three years. No real complaints. The eye relief at max range is maybe not the best but certainly not unusable. I don’t think you’d be disappointed.

I was able to get the Diamondback version in 3x9-40 for $189 with free shipping. 40 bucks more than I was planning on dropping for the crossfire, but like @Pooh said, the glass is a little better so what the heck. Might as well. Anyway thanks again for the input guys!

That's what I bought for my CVA Accura V2. I like it better than the cheap Konus scope that was on it.

Back