• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Waist belt question.

tyson12590

I am on my 3rd DIY saddle and this one is a phantom clone. I am confused about tethrd's use of a weight rated buckle combined with what appears to be a non weight rated triglide. Can anyone clear up my confusion? Is the waist belt still weight rated? If not why would you use a heavier weight rated buckle if your wink link is a triglide? Thanks in advance.

The triglide is simply for web management
Ok. So if the pictures i see are correct then the webbing is looped through the open slot on the female end of the buckle and secured by a non weight bearing triglide then the waist belt is not weight rated? I understand that the main frame supports all the weight, I am just trying to make sure I understand how it works for my own DIY saddles.

All the triglide does is keep the tag end of the waist belt from hanging down. That tag end is not under load ever and is non functional. Full weight rating of the belt is maintained.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

All the triglide does is keep the tag end of the waist belt from hanging down. That tag end is not under load ever and is non functional. Full weight rating of the belt is maintained.

Ok. That helps. I looked at more pics and I see that the end is also sewn in a way they it wouldn't be able to come through the buckle, if the triglide were to break.

I understand what you are looking at. I can see where you are coming from and your question/concern. After the tag end is fed through the two triglides it is folded over twice (creates 3 layers) and stitched as to create a “knot” that can slide back through the open slot on the female portion of that buckle.

I understand what you are looking at. I can see where you are coming from and your question/concern. After the tag end is fed through the two triglides it is folded over twice (creates 3 layers) and stitched as to create a “knot” that can slide back through the open slot on the female portion of that buckle.
Just to clarify, it can still slide through the slot?

Is the Phantom buckle different than the Mantis? Hadn’t really thought of it until the OP but I don’t see a way that my mantis buckle would grab on the triglide side. Just going off of memory since I don’t have my saddle in front of me.

Here’s a close up from the Tethrd website though. Doesn’t look like it grabs on The right side.

Attachments

• DF9F24EC-3694-4D79-A02D-4D6465D8C9E2.png
    DF9F24EC-3694-4D79-A02D-4D6465D8C9E2.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 67
Is the Phantom buckle different than the Mantis? Hadn’t really thought of it until the OP but I don’t see a way that my mantis buckle would grab on the triglide side. Just going off of memory since I don’t have my saddle in front of me.

Here’s a close up from the Tethrd website though. Doesn’t look like it grabs on The right side.
The buckle on the right side of that pic is non adjustable. I have no idea how the old one was. But thats how i build my saddles. Half of buckle is adjustable and the other half is not. The adjustable halves are more expensive but the fixed ones have to be sewn on. I orient mine depending on if the user is R or L handed so they can tighten with their dominant hand. I have been considering going to using both adjustable halves so i can skip sewing it on and so i can keep the buckle centered with various numbers of layers on.

Watched a video podcast with Ernie and Greg and they stated the buckle is the same as the Mantis.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

After studying it more, I don't feel like tethrd's buckle system is the best. I went with cobra buck so I can adjust both sides.

You can get the buckle that Tethrd uses that’s adjust from both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back