• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

waitin on monday

Gregg D Vance

oct 15 is target date for bama boys. so with that in mind did a complete mock climb yesterday. sucesses and failures(major) . total time to get set up to shoot was 18 minutes. going really slow so sweat wouldnt be pouring so time a little misleading. 3 muddy sticks with aider and wild edge stepp at top- one screw in to the left for offhand shot(needed two), pullup rope not long enough. couple of things in wrong pocket on backpack. got it all worked out so were good now. took shots and was dead on the money, keyword was, let bow down, climbed down had a major brain fart and stepped on my bow and bent the arrow rest all to heck. too short of pullup rope cost me cause i couldnt swing bow away from tree and when coming down tree taking sticks down at such a slow pace just forgot it was under me. as Foxworthy would say, heres ya sign. (stupid) never stepped on my bow before in 30 yrs.

Roll tide brother!

I ain't supersticious, but I'm a little sticious. I believe that getting the bad hoodoo out of the way early makes for a lucky hunt. It's always the hunts where I forget my headlamp or spill my coffee that end up being the best.

With your luck in the pregame warm-up, you're gonna have a killer season!

Run to wally-world, grab a whisker biscuit, and get that bad boy tuned back up. It's gonna be what it's gonna be.

I'm ready for Monday to here in Bama. I will be hunting in my Kestrel all week!

Hate u stepped on your bow but better now than while actually hunting!

it was a wisker biscuit - managed to bend it all back around with 2 days to tweak on it. just glad it was the new 1 pin sight setup - got a backup bow and and crossbow if i have to revert to something else so i will be in woods monday with something. RTR

it was a wisker biscuit - managed to bend it all back around with 2 days to tweak on it. just glad it was the new 1 pin sight setup - got a backup bow and and crossbow if i have to revert to something else so i will be in woods monday with something. RTR

Heck yeah! Can't keep a good man down!

You really from Slapout? Ever hunt that WMA around Wetumpka?

i dont- hunted the coosa mgmt many times but in a club in loundes county (mt willing) - i live about 3 mile from the one your talking about though, but our club is 2200 acres and theres only about 10 of us that seriously hunt it. where u at

i dont- hunted the coosa mgmt many times but in a club in loundes county (mt willing) - i live about 3 mile from the one your talking about though, but our club is 2200 acres and theres only about 10 of us that seriously hunt it. where u at
Stockton. I think Coosa was the one I was thinking about. Sounds familiar. It's right there on a lake right? Hardwoods on the waterfront and lots of clearcut pines behind them?

I hunted it last year with my Uncle. Saw deer both sits.

ok - yes lake martin- i am on jordan one lake lower. coosa used to be 30,000 acres but its down now and game wardens tend to hang out too much for me. not doing any thing wrong but just dont like the hassle. big deer up there though - hilly as all get out too. you can leave a good blood trail in them briars.

ok - yes lake martin- i am on jordan one lake lower. coosa used to be 30,000 acres but its down now and game wardens tend to hang out too much for me. not doing any thing wrong but just dont like the hassle. big deer up there though - hilly as all get out too. you can leave a good blood trail in them briars.
Gotcha. I'm definitely not as familiar as I'd like to be with the area. He did mention a lot of the property was lost, and that it could get crowded. We went in by boat, and it was still t-shirt weather, which I think thinned the crowd.

If you ever get down a little further south, hit me up. I'm just across the river from the Upper Delta WMA.

Back