• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Waiting on the Mantis.

Michael L

I took some seat belt material to a upholstery shop yesterday and they sewed it with some canvas in about 10 minutes to make my own sit and drag, it only cost me some deer jerky from my next deer. I would have to say the mantis is going to have to be super comfy to justify $200.00 after I had this one made for free. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive for a full performance review.

Last edited:
I am NOT going to use a rock climbing harness. I will use a lineman's belt for climbing.

Looks good. I will pray for your safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The upholstery shop just had it on hand. Not sure whats its even called I just know its tear resistant and strong as hell! I sat in it last night for the first time all I wish I would have done is sag the bottom just a little bit to create a pocket of sorts for my butt. As I wait for a shipping update on the mantis I will add in some molly webbing this weekend to finish it off.

I would have to agree with you on that. I have made my own platform from a old hang on tree stand and now i'm considering the platform that they are offering as well. The only hard thing is the lack of products being shipped out as i ordered the mantis over a month ago and all of the stuff on the web site states that products will ship out in 3-4 weeks. WELL I'M STILL WAITING AND THE 4 WEEK MARK HAS COME AND GONE. How long would it take if I added a platform to my order? I have listened to all of the pod cast that have anything to do with the mantis and it just keeps me excited but frustrated at the same point. The down south hunting podcast was great by the way.

Back