• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Want to get in the saddle

Derb25

Hello everyone I tried to search for a new member area to introduce myself but could not find one. I just got back into bow hunting after a few years off, previously I have always used a climber or a ladder stand. This was the first year I tried and Hang on a climbing sticks, I have really liked this method and was able to harvest two nice does using it, however the system is around 50lbs lugging in and out. I have been watching alot of videos on the saddles and am very intrigued to get one and try it for next year. Any advice you can provide on a good beginner saddle or what to look for etc etc? Right now just looking for a saddle as I have the climbing sticks, Lineman's rope and tree tether. Also like to add I am from Western NY and on the member map did not see anyone local to me. EDIT#1 I just found the welcome thread..... LOL

Seeing that you aren’t close to anyone to try any out, the best thing to do is research what saddles you think would work the best for you and buy it to try out. From everything I’ve read a Cruzr XC saddle is very comfortable and doesn’t take a lot of fiddle factor to get comfortable, I can’t say from experience though but I do have one on order as we speak. I’ve currently only ran the phantom and a sit drag. It’s hard to say which saddle would fit you best cause each saddle fits everyone a little differently. Hope this helps.

Come to the light, the JX3 tree saddle light..............
Don't be afraid, you will sit from dark to dark very comfortably, be able to snooze when you want, no dreaded hip pinch, no back aches, you can shoot 360° around the tree.
No platform required, only a ROS, no knee pads required, no sore knees, built in pack frame for carrying all your needs.
Come to the light, the JX3 light...........

Back