• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Watches

JBDaddy

Jan 21, 2018
Lenawee, MI
I don't usually wear a watch. My phone is always in my hand or pocket, but it's glow and ability to make several minutes at a time go missing is something I can do without, especially when I'm hunting. Having to swipe unlock it is a pain sometimes.

I'm looking for an analog wristwatch (ie. has hands that move, whippersnapper) that has luminescent hands and hour markers. I don't want indiglo where the whole face lights up, and I don't want to have to pinch a button to see it, or where the glow in the dark paint goes dim in an hour or two. Something with tritium or similar markings.

I don't care if it's solar, kinetic, wind up, atomic or steam powered. Date is an extra I don't mind, but don't need. I don't want alarms, beeps, stopwatch, compass, lap timer, bla bla bla. Just your basic "what your grandpa had".

I'll looking to stay under $200. Anyone have a favorite?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thobbs

Jun 15, 2019
NC
I have a timex expedition off amazon for around $35 I bought it for work/hunting something I don’t care it gets scratched. It’s water resistant and it does have a soft backlight if you press the button on the side.

USMC5831

Sep 12, 2018
Georgetown, KY
I’ve worn Swiss Army watches for years. I love their simplicity. Swap the bands out for rubber ones, so they don’t collect stink and sweat.

Reactions: Vtbow

Kurt

Nov 1, 2018
Massachusetts
I wear the Timex expedition at work. I don't like wearing a watch while I hunt, but because I do short sits before work having the time available is necessary. I Velcro mounted an old iron man to my bow.
f262a8149e60497b621fef369de09555.jpg
88baaa6b374cc04f1267fc8628a5a433.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Red Beard

fbwguy

Staff member
SH Member
Mar 19, 2018
Cato Arkansas
I gave up on watches! I’ve destroyed every one I’ve ever owned. Even the indestructible Invicta, has fallen victim to my wrath

Recurveaholic

Dec 23, 2018
I am a Bulova man I have the same wind up watch my father bought in the early 70's!!! They are great watches i just do not like the big ones!!!

7x57_Mauser

Oct 19, 2018
You should be able to find someone selling a Luminox watch. They have tritium indicators so they're visible no matter when the last watch saw sunlight / a light source.

Reactions: JBDaddy