• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ways to attach your tether or rappel rope as described by Striders Trees

drpike22

Everyone has their own thoughts on this subject but I found the information in this video interesting. Check out the video and let me know your thoughts.

I didn't watch it, but know what he's referring to by the description. The way arborists do it is with a throw line and rope. It's usually an alpine butterfly with a Quickie

The main difference is arborists is a retrievable system from the ground (without the need for dyneema). Ex: If you plan on SRTing 30', you'll need at least 90' of rope.

Strider makes good stuff. Check out Kevin Bingham too. He pioneered a lot of this stuff

Last edited:
Back