• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wearing a belt

oldsouth

Ok I'd like to get some opinions from y'all. I'm hanging in the saddle this morning and I can feel my belt on my pants digging into me. Granted it's a homemade paracord belt, it's rather knobby and stiff. My question is, is it just me and my saddle placement or has this pants belt problem found it's way to others? Are you guys wearing belts? What kinda belts? Have you ditched the belt and keep pulling up your pants all day? What about some snazzy suspenders? Anyone rockin suspenders? Thinking of picking up some suspenders to keep my pants up but won't interfere with the saddle placement. Any thoughts?

Following, I had this problem last week with a leather belt, after 9 hours I had a pretty sore bruise on my left hip, not my right though. I've got some suspenders I may try tomorrow

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I picked up a Kuiu climbing belt for like $10 on a forum couple years ago and have been more than pleased with it.

I wear a 5.11 tdu belt. Simple and thin. No issues.

If you're handy with a sewing machine you can likely make one quickly

TX5 belt....one the best purchases I've made this year. Way better than my Kuiu belt or any others I've had.

I use a thin strap with thin plastic buckle that has some stealth strip.... Like what's sewn on ur backpacks for lashing down items. I think it's 1" wide

Arcade elastic belts are my favorite belt of all time. Not only hunting but as an everyday belt. So comfy and super lightweight. zero pressure

My saddle rides below my belt so I wear my normal leather belt and it’s just fine. I also have a Sitka belt for my first lite pants and it works the same. They all ride above my saddle no matter what pants I’m wearing.

I've discovered my usual belt I wear hunting, which is a heavy duty reinforced nylon belt is too rigid for saddle hunting. I usually carry IWB while hunting as well, but I've nixed that too since going saddle. Switched to a cheap-o nylon belt that came with a pair of non-hunting pants since it's so thin and floppy. More comfortable with the saddle for sure. Still trying to sort out the carry situation.

I like the thin nylon webbing belts sold by strap works with the plastic lever buckle. Cheap enough that you can get several.

Last edited:
overalls, no pinch from a belt and no cold back from pants riding down and jacket riding up. suspenders on my saddle to keep it up. i got no rear so i need all the help i can keeping everything from sliding down

Back