• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Weather app/info preferences

wihunter50

Maybe asking for the unattainable, but anyone have recommendations for a reliable weather app/source (besides the sky ). After getting caught in a T-storm when there was no rain forecast, wondering if there are better or more reliable sources of weather info out there. I have used HuntWise and DeerCast but not fond of either, especially the paid versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe asking for the unattainable, but anyone have recommendations for a reliable weather app/source (besides the sky ). After getting caught in a T-storm when there was no rain forecast, wondering if there are better or more reliable sources of weather info out there. I have used HuntWise and DeerCast but not fond of either, especially the paid versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use weather underground app for weather predictions and forecasts. It Shows expected wind, pressure, rain, etc.

For instant radar I use the Storm Radar App. I use this when I’m hunting in the rain or trying to see if I’ll be able to dodge a storm. 66933784-9D2C-4651-A34A-B35CCCD61ED2.pngAE0DB2FE-3F4D-48E9-B61F-21F2F15D2B9C.png

I compare weather underground, generic Google weather, the wind cone and weather predictions from basemap and I look at the Windy app for wind info as well. Between all those, I still only have a foggy idea of what to expect lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

It seems that Weather Underground and Accuweather are the same meteorological service. Weather.com is often different from them. I think many apps follow one of these two.

My go to is Weather Underground. But, I've found when Weather.com and Weather Underground agree that it is more likely to be accurate. When they disagree, then either one you pick is less likely to be accurate. This makes sense if they have somewhat independent models. When two models agree then the prediction is more sound, in general.

I like windy.com for wind and weather. With the paid model you can compare weather forecasts from six different weather models. Predicted Wind speed, Wind direction, Amount of rain in 3 hour chucks, and Temp. You can get hours but only on one model at a time. You pick the modell

Back