• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Webbing adjustment buckle?

bow shot

I've switched to a tubular webbing bridge. I like the idea of keeping it adjustable, I've found a few scenarios where it is functional to shorten it up tight, or make it really long. Right now I'm experimenting with a Nite Ize Dual Cam Jam for an adjustment buckle.

Anyone know of a good strap adjustment/slider I can use for that (similar to what is on a kestrel webbing bridge)? I see lots of them (strapworks, places like that) but I never see a load rating so that makes me a little nervous.

Just a FWIW: I've been experimenting with the Dual CamJam and with a regular cam buckle (like you would find on tree steps or sticks) as a rope grab stiff webbing tether, as a ropeman is used on cord. Probably not safe for some reason, but they work fantastic with stiff, thick webbing, which I prefer over the tubular, which tends to twist into buckles sometimes.

Back