• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Webbing bridge

I have the AeroHunter webbing bridge which is flat. I like it quite a lot. Very compact to unclip and put in my pocket while I walk in, then clip in once I’ve climbed. It’s smooth in the carabiner too.

I use a tubular bridge and tree tether and really like them. Light weight and very compact. I believe the tubular is rated much higher than flat. Very thin and flexible.

Flat webbing bridge that the flex has is sewn.
Tubular webbing is better suited for tying knots. What method do you intend to secure it to your saddle loops?
Tri slides is another way to attach webbing to the saddle.

I'm thinking of switching my aero evolution bridge to webbing. What knots would you use to attach and are the tri slides safe to use in this purpose? I don't have a sewing machine either.

I'm thinking of switching my aero evolution bridge to webbing. What knots would you use to attach and are the tri slides safe to use in this purpose? I don't have a sewing machine either.
They use a tri slide on the flex bridge. Paragear sells load rated slides but they are a little sloppy.
Someone else can better recommend knots for webbing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Tublar nylon for me. CustomTieDowns.com has a lot of strap options, good prices, fair shipping. They also have tubular polyester which is crazy strong, knots well, and is stiffer than the tubular nylon. I'm sticking with the nylon though, its got everything I want, mainly that it is plenty strong, compacts well, and the knots are sleek, small and strong. I use it for my tether too, similar to the "Nutterbuster's 7 oz tether" kit, but with a few mods that I prefer.

Bow Shot, what did you change? Really like my Austria alpin buckle. You do something better??

Bow Shot, what did you change? Really like my Austria alpin buckle. You do something better??
Well, probably not the safest thing to do, But I'm using a Nite Ize Cam Jam in place of the Austrialpin Cobra buckle, and have an ADF cobra buckle that I use as a QD for my girth hitch. For now, I have the strap that came with the CamJam (700lb working load per their spec), but will eventually change that out with tubular nylon. For some reason I found the tubular fed kinda twisted into the Austrialpen buckle, and I found that annoying if not a pain in the butt sometimes. The Nite Ize device feeds extremely well. Now, that said.. I'm not sure how safe that would be if it had to arrest a fall. It may be that the Cam Jam would just cut the strap like scissors for all I know. I will very soon do a drop test and see what happens. So, ITMT, its buyer beware...
current tether.jpg

Back