• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Weird question maybe - but it gets cold up here!

MetroHunter

I'm eagerly awaiting the shipment of my Mantis, but it's not coming until December. So being a newbie, I most likely won't use it till next season. But it got me wondering... Have any of you northern hunters ever tried wearing a Heater Body Suit with your saddle system? It's probably not possible since you have to unzip it and get half way out of it to shoot. Just curious because I love my suit in frigid temps!

I purchased a HBS from a member on here for my son. The member had modified it to allow the bridge to pass through the suit so that you can wear your saddle under the suit. There is a thread on here somewhere showing his modifications. My son used it for the first time this weekend and loved it.

The IWOM will allow you to run a detachable bridge through the waist pockets. I got the cheaper one that does not allow you to run the bridge through but the more expensive one does have pockets in the waist. I am going to add zippers in my pockets that I have and then run my bridge through that. Either that or get the top of the line one just because it's a little bit warmer anyway.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

The IWOM will allow you to run a detachable bridge through the waist pockets. I got the cheaper one that does not allow you to run the bridge through but the more expensive one does have pockets in the waist. I am going to add zippers in my pockets that I have and then run my bridge through that. Either that or get the top of the line one just because it's a little bit warmer anyway.

Can you walk and climb with that suit

Yes sir.
30ee275ff5ab417c3c4f4ec9341b8f3f.jpg
52990e57d7dc0ed798ed66ad6c656e9d.jpg
81563fb655cb46cdb2e204e04e3477af.jpg
423139956da348dd1ed48793e42a23db.jpg
089e00e197b9b0493ebf822875facbf0.jpg
f24dd63c721d2a3d1f84c10be059d834.jpg
4376a277be9ec9576e3d6fc2ca6ef60b.jpg
d2916149218b0a9da43a8ddccc91b21a.jpg

I should probably start my own thread and do a write-up on this. I used a rock climbing harness and a fleece drag in these pictures. It would work just fine with my sit drag also. You just have to make sure that you climb up with the suit in the parka mode. This thing has one of the best hand warmers ever. About the only problem I had was zipping up the bottom zipper while in the treestand to enclose my feet. I need to attach a paracord leash to the zipper because that is kind of a long stretch when you're in a saddle and I am pretty flexible. I'm not as good as Huck putting my feet up and eye level.
I think that the heater body suit would work if it has zippers that work from both the bottom and the top. You could run your safety harness through.I think it would be a little strange on where you might place your arms though. It sure saves your tail when it's 19 degrees out.after using it for the past 2 years I think to make it perfect for my circulation I still will have to buy some boot blankets.

Back