• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

We've lost a legend

Sorry to hear that! Legend! Did a lot for archery and Bowhunting especially trad. Do you know the circumstances? I ordered a few things a couple of years ago and there was a question with my order, his wife called me and I swear we talked for an hour. She is a sweetheart and runs the wool business.

I'm not sure what comes after, but for a guy like that I'm sure it's better than a hospital bed. Thanks for everything, smart stranger. Rest in piece.

Often told my daughter that if for some reason I were single and getting within a few years of passing my usable date, I'd like to move far north. Something solid about dying with your boots on. Not in home or hospital.

I've met and talked with him on a number of occasions, at various archery events over the years. I own a couple of his books. :)
I was looking forward to seeing him at the Traditional Bowhunters Expo, in Kalamazoo, Michigan, later this month 27th-29th. He will be missed! :(
The last I heard, his good friend Bob Pitt, in southern Indiana, had given up hunting, but does some fishing these days.

Back