• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What’s a good ratchet strap for ring of steps?

Bowtech12

worjing out my setup as I’m still new

I do have a boat buckle but I think a ratchet strap is what I’d like to try

What’s a good type or model to use with my ameristeps??

worjing out my setup as I’m still new

I do have a boat buckle but I think a ratchet strap is what I’d like to try

What’s a good type or model to use with my ameristeps??
You will want to either find an endless loop style. (One end sewn to the buckle and no hooks) or buy a flat hook sewn on a strap from strap works so you can buckle it easier. I would suggest this one. You may have to grind the sides down a little to get it to fit into the ratchet strap and grab the metal bar.
74fda838a27ae1557c62537cffe6e733.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ameristep makes a replacement ratchet strap made for securing tree stands. It's a thicker material than most of the cheap ratchet straps out there. You can find them at Walmart in the sporting goods section although they may not have them displayed until closer to hunting season. It's probably the best strap I've found for a platform.
The strap has a hook at each end however so you'll have to make some DIY modifications to make it work.

Last edited:
Back