• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What’s in your hunting pack for a snack?

paxamus

I carry some cheese, pb and j, almonds and water. My dad used to carry Vienna Sausages and killed a ton of deer while smoking a cigarette- man I miss him.
What about y’all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a boatload of Bobo’s left over from hunt out west. Very efficient and tasty method of packing calories.

a quest bar, nuts and salmon in a pouch or 2 HB eggs is my norm - KETO makes hunting so much easier IMO and healthier.

Im on the Keto kick and have lost almost 40 pounds (love keto) but I find packable meals are a pain to figure out. I really don't like salmon but love HB eggs so I've been eating those and will try a few bars and nuts for the all day sits. Thanks bud!

All day hunts it's usually granola bars and apples. I don't have a sweet tooth and I try to stay away from anything too salty because I don't like to take a ton of water. And I usually take 3x more food than I actually eat. I don't really get hungry hunting, I think it's a primal thing. We're supposed to kill then feast. You should have a little edge of hunger out there trying to kill.

Now if I stop home for an afternoon sit I'll throw in a cold frosty beverage to enjoy once I get set up. That's living.

Coffee and a cliff/granola bar for the morning. Summer sausage or jerky and water for the evening. If I'm out of state or on an all day theirs at least 1 pb&j if not 2. I'll do Vienna but take them out of the can and put in a Ziploc.

All day hunts it's usually granola bars and apples. I don't have a sweet tooth and I try to stay away from anything too salty because I don't like to take a ton of water. And I usually take 3x more food than I actually eat. I don't really get hungry hunting, I think it's a primal thing. We're supposed to kill then feast. You should have a little edge of hunger out there trying to kill.

Now if I stop home for an afternoon sit I'll throw in a cold frosty beverage to enjoy once I get set up. That's living.

I ripped that page out of your book this year for some of the 90+ degree days.

All I can say is Thank you sir - that cold beverage hitting my lips at hunting height while sweating my tail off was nothing but glorious.

I sat from 9am to 7 pm yesterday and didn't take anything. If I do bring anything I bring water. I just don't get hungry sitting on stand. My mind is so at easy I just don't think about it I guess. I am fat though also so there is plenty to burn while I am sitting on stand.

I don’t bring anything usually I find that when I’m starving I’m better at shooting deer. No seriously water and some granola bars usually holds me over most the time.

Hunting season=Apple season. Good juju to eat apples, but they’re loud.
Also PB crackers and shelled nuts, but they can be loud.
Also soft pretzels. The wrapper can be loud.
And 2-3L of water. I always drink at least 1L, often more on sits over 4 hours long. Use a bladder and hose so it’s not loud.

I sat from 9am to 7 pm yesterday and didn't take anything. If I do bring anything I bring water. I just don't get hungry sitting on stand. My mind is so at easy I just don't think about it I guess. I am fat though also so there is plenty to burn while I am sitting on stand.
Same. Weirdly I don't get hungry either. It's like all my senses are on high alert and hunger is switched off. Fight or flight I guess. I do recognize I need to eat tho so I take pre sliced apples to help with noise, sometimes trail mix. Always water or hot tea in the winter (can't drink coffee)

Back