• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What are you lookig forward to this season?

Sziggy2.0

Apr 5, 2019
I am excited about this fall. Of course I usually am but this year is going to be special I hope. I have brought five new saddle hunters into the fold. Four have bought the complete phantom/predator package. Your welcome Tethrd.
I have been mentoring a young man that has never hunted before. We went turkey hunting this past spring. He got hooked. Talked about deer hunting and saddle hunting. He bought a phantom, predator package. He'll be hanging from a tree this fall.

Talking to a co worker and hunting came up. She mentioned her dad was talking about saddle hunting. I told her I started last year and next thing you know I'm showing her and her husband how to climb trees. Both bought phantom/ predator package.

My best friend had heard me talk about my new hunting passion with a saddle. He has the phantom/predator package now as well. We have been having practice climbing sessions this summer in his yard.

The thing I am looking forward to the most is that my son has begun to show interest in hunting again. We went when he was still living at home but the last few years it was difficult to find time with his schedule and he was not overly enthusiastic about trying. He seems to have gotten the spark again and now we can spend some time hunting together again. He will use my mantis I got last year. I will use one of the phantom clones I made this past spring.
I am a little worried about how they will do. I want them to be safe most of all but I want them to enjoy it as much as I do. After all I did "encourage" them all to spend a lot of money to get into this method of hunting.

With all that has gone on since the first of the year I am really looking forward to hunting with new and old friends out of a saddle. I am really thankful to be in a country that guarantees me these rights. What are all you looking forward to this fall?

M. Wilson

Jan 3, 2020
This time of year always has me hyped up. I’ve hunted the majority of my life, even though extremely unsuccessful early on as far as deer numbers but the time spent with my dad in the woods is priceless. This is my first year saddle hunting and I too have the phantom and predator package haha (love it).. I’m 34 now and have not hunted with my dad since I was 20. I battled drugs for about 8-9 years and of course I wasn’t the most fun to be around, but I got sober in 2015. So most of all, I’m looking forward to getting to spend a couple days in the woods with my old man this year. Good luck to everyone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bowmanmike

Dec 15, 2019
I am excited about this fall. Of course I usually am but this year is going to be special I hope. I have brought five new saddle hunters into the fold. Four have bought the complete phantom/predator package. Your welcome Tethrd.
I have been mentoring a young man that has never hunted before. We went turkey hunting this past spring. He got hooked. Talked about deer hunting and saddle hunting. He bought a phantom, predator package. He'll be hanging from a tree this fall.

Talking to a co worker and hunting came up. She mentioned her dad was talking about saddle hunting. I told her I started last year and next thing you know I'm showing her and her husband how to climb trees. Both bought phantom/ predator package.

My best friend had heard me talk about my new hunting passion with a saddle. He has the phantom/predator package now as well. We have been having practice climbing sessions this summer in his yard.

The thing I am looking forward to the most is that my son has begun to show interest in hunting again. We went when he was still living at home but the last few years it was difficult to find time with his schedule and he was not overly enthusiastic about trying. He seems to have gotten the spark again and now we can spend some time hunting together again. He will use my mantis I got last year. I will use one of the phantom clones I made this past spring.
I am a little worried about how they will do. I want them to be safe most of all but I want them to enjoy it as much as I do. After all I did "encourage" them all to spend a lot of money to get into this method of hunting.

With all that has gone on since the first of the year I am really looking forward to hunting with new and old friends out of a saddle. I am really thankful to be in a country that guarantees me these rights. What are all you looking forward to this fall?
Wow,that all sounds awesome. You are a serious recruiter. I have not gotten anyone involved...yet.

stevethebreeze

Jul 1, 2020
North Central Alabama
I got my H2 in this week, FINALLY. Got to spend some real time in it this morning since we got a cold front come in and was in the woods before daybreak. Getting home from work this week and messing around with the saddle and working off the ground while battling skeeters wasnt alot of fun. This morning it was. It was so nice to just be in the woods hangin, listening to the woods wake up again. Thats the best part. Not necessarily scoring a deer but just being in the woods

Sziggy2.0

Apr 5, 2019
This time of year always has me hyped up. I’ve hunted the majority of my life, even though extremely unsuccessful early on as far as deer numbers but the time spent with my dad in the woods is priceless. This is my first year saddle hunting and I too have the phantom and predator package haha (love it).. I’m 34 now and have not hunted with my dad since I was 20. I battled drugs for about 8-9 years and of course I wasn’t the most fun to be around, but I got sober in 2015. So most of all, I’m looking forward to getting to spend a couple days in the woods with my old man this year. Good luck to everyone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am sure he is looking forward to it as well. Good luck this fall. Post some pics if successful or if you have something to share even if its not a down deer.

Weldabeast

SH Member
May 23, 2019
Northeast Florida
I'm most excited about the new water access blocks of woods that the canoe opened up for me and I got some urban hunts lined up that should be exciting..... rappelling down the tree is my new"toy" I get to play with that I'm excited to utilize..... That was the last piece to the public land puzzle as far as being as mobile as possible

Bama_Xander

Feb 11, 2019
North Alabama
Got a buddy into hunting, specifically bow hunting. Working on getting him into a saddle, but having just got a bow his pockets are a bit empty.
I’m really excited about hunting this year. I’ve made good progress on scouting, for some pics of some nice bucks, thinks it’s gonna be a good year.

Me too! Spreading that bowhunting adn saddle hunting love.

Reactions: Sziggy2.0

Flee

Jul 24, 2019
I’ve worked so much in the past that I’m just looking forward to getting more time in the woods this year. Last year I practiced more than I got to hunt by far so I’d like to get the first deer or two out of a saddle. I’ll also be going in some new spots blind but still forward to exploring and getting some new spots for the years to come.
I also have the seed planted with a couple guys with saddle hunting. I’d imagine they’ll be ordering saddles in the spring.

Reactions: Sziggy2.0

Kurt

Nov 1, 2018
Massachusetts
I'm looking forward to getting out and relaxing early season. My hang time in the fall is my annual recharge. I love the peace, and being still in mind, body, and spirit. When I'm alone in the woods I reflect on life and I feel the gratitude that I sometimes lose in the hustle and bustle of life. Being a small something hanging silently in the big woods brings things ( my life view ) back into perspective for me. It's also a good time for me to stick an arrow into one of my favorite yummy protein sources, and to match wits with a living thing in their house that lives his/her life trying to stay alive.

Sziggy2.0

Apr 5, 2019
I'm looking forward to getting out and relaxing early season. My hang time in the fall is my annual recharge. I love the peace, and being still in mind, body, and spirit. When I'm alone in the woods I reflect on life and I feel the gratitude that I sometimes lose in the hustle and bustle of life. Being a small something hanging silently in the big woods brings things ( my life view ) back into perspective for me. It's also a good time for me to stick an arrow into one of my favorite yummy protein sources, and to match wits with a living thing in their house that lives his/her life trying to stay alive.
Agree 100%. Woods time recharges me as well.

HuntNorthEast

Jul 24, 2020
Southern Maine
YOUTUBE
HuntNorthEast
Same thing I look forward to every season, the memories with friends and family. Sometimes hunting isn't about hunting at all.

Good luck to everyone this season!

Reactions: Still Kicking