• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What Boots Do You Wear?

I wear a pair of muck equalizers more than anything. They are comfortable and easy to put on. I have a pair of lacross grange that are like putting on a wetsuit and lack the support but are decent boots as long as your not going to far. Most people here wear rubber boots. Some wear kenetraks and hikers like lowa or mendl. Bongo wears canvas deck shoes. Everyone has their preference and some use different boots for different applications.

At this time of year Arctic mucks one size too big so they are not tight... and my feet are warm with alpaca socks. Use a boot drier and if needed chemical toe heaters

Depends on the time of year, during early season I wear Lacrosse 18 inch snake boot and during late season I wear Danners and Aerohead 7.0.

Danner uninsulated is my first choice. Muck if it's been a wet year. I just bring my boot blankets depending on temperature.

I have worn a pair of Tingley Airgos all season from 78 all the way down to 18 with zero issues and no cold feet. My lacrosse arrowheads have stayed in storage and may never come back out. No boots can match the light weight, comfort, and still be able to walk in 10" deep water. The only thing I did was switch out the insoles to a better set.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have been using the same pair of Cabela's Whitetail extreme boots for five years now been wanting to switch to rubber boots for a while but it's hard to bite the bullet when there's nothing wrong with these boots I use a peet dryer after every hunt and the boots stay outside a few months before season and during the entire season and I don't have too much problems with scent on them. Being my first year doing saddle hunting I think rubber boots with a weaker sole would be hard on the feet as these are a more of a hiking type boot so I am weary of switching.

Merrel Stonebuilders and Muck fieldblazers get used 80% of the time. 800g Cabelas knee boots if its cold

Bought a pair of Keen Summitt country boots, a pair of Kenetrek gaiters ( Wisconsin ) and was extremely pleased with this combination. Boots sell for $160, gaiters are not really necessary helpful in Wisconsin late season. Got the boot idea from utube traditional bowhunter podcast, I bought Jason's suggestion on headlamps, DIY linemen belt, so I took his suggestion on the Keen boots very glad I did, thanks Jerry.

I'm not sure what the cool kids are wearing these days, but for me, its been LaCrosse Burly's since their inception. The rubber oxidizes quicker and the release agent odor is worse than it used to be when they were US made. But they fit well and keep my feet dry. I get two seasons out of them. After 2 seasons, they start to get holes (I am rough on them) in them or the soles are nearly worn off, at which time they become chore shoes.

Found a tear/hole in my alphaburly boots a couple weeks ago and have been going back and forth with getting another pair of rubber or switching back to leather. Finally decided on Danner 8" 400 gram Vicious boot. No it's not a "hunting" boot and does have a composite toe but think it will work out, I'll be breaking them in doing post season scouting shortly.

Duck taped Muck boots unless I know the water will be over the tops, then I just use my old Rocky Mountain snake proof boots and let the water pour in.

Rubber uninsullated Redheads until it hits freezing then I wear my Sorel with felt liners that I’ve had for 33 years!

I'm on my 4th pair of Irish Setter Vaporteks. They were the cats meow in the mountains of California. Plenty of support, light, waterproof (wet grass and slight standing water) and quiet. I used them for backpack hunting trips into wilderness areas. The cedar swamps of northern Michigan are not a great fit for these boots. I switched to Muck Artic Pros due to extensive standing water.

Cabelas 400g Thinsulate rubber for early season, 800g Thinsulate rubber a size larger for temps between 10 and 25 deg F and Baffin Control Max for when it gets cold.

I guess I wanted to see if anyone used a stiff boot for lineman or arborist, since the stiff sole might be more comfortable when standing on a tree bolt or screw in for hours?

Back