• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What bridge length do you find most comfortable with your Sit-Drag?

MFD205

What's your bridge length? Mine is 24" from knot to knot. Seems to be very comfortable. I can't remember where I found that length, but it seems that some bridges are longer on the Aerohunter stuff and the Mantis.

24 inches is a long being recommended as a starting point, most people kind of settle In 24 or 26 inches I think. I prefer if you lay your sit drag down flat on the table I prefer my bridge to be the exact same length splice to splice end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 inches is a long being recommended as a starting point, most people kind of settle In 24 or 26 inches I think. I prefer if you lay your sit drag down flat on the table I prefer my bridge to be the exact same length splice to splice end

Mine are around 34" ...while on the ground, grab a pull strap and hook it up as the bridge and start playing around. I started with 24" and kept releasing slack until it felt just right.

Mine are around 34" ...while on the ground, grab a pull strap and hook it up as the bridge and start playing around. I started with 24" and kept releasing slack until it felt just right.

That’s a good idea. I started with a Whoopie sling bridge.

Since I'm a rookie (to saddle hunting, anyway) I'm running a ropeman on my bridge just trying to figure it all out. Or I'm running a prussick on my bridge. Kinda like having it adjustable. So far. Lots of time to play with it.

I started off the first several hunts using a Whoopie sling so I could adjust the length. Settled on 24” and have been happy with it.

Mine is 32 inches. Very comfortable but now that my body is used to a saddle, I am going to make a whoopie and see how short I can go and still be comfortable.

Anyone know the length of a bridge on a new mantis. Add doesn't say diameter or length

Anyone know the length of a bridge on a new mantis. Add doesn't say diameter or length

b74c8d952fcd8520eed40d121ba31398.jpg

1/4” amsteel blue

30” long

Back