• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What carabiner are you using ???

SkylineReaper

Nov 5, 2018
Before I got my saddle I bought three black diamonds not sure what series they were they were the Screw shut type aluminum but when I got my kestrel it came with fusion half turn spring loaded style aluminum and I absolutely love them I may be selling some black diamond Screw shut style ones in the future and switching everything to the fusion

Reactions: Curdog10

Jasper2

Nov 24, 2014
Indiana
While I like and use the Fusion auto-locker above, I'm starting to love the little Metolius Bravo. It's a screw gate but crazy small and light. About half the weight of the Fusion above and just slightly bigger than a Ropeman.
Metolius Bravo 2.jpgMetolius Bravo 1.jpg

kenn1320

Sep 15, 2015
Great topic. Not sure what I use, wrapped in grip tape. They are screw gate and I hate that. Seems they constantly turn a little and always find myself needing them free to hook in and they won't. Gonna look at the fusion posted above.

skyjacker

SH Member
Nov 21, 2018
Oklahoma

Xchaos

Feb 2, 2015
I use the black diamond magnetron and love them they auto lock and there is no twisting and they are light

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

boyne bowhunter

Staff member
SH Member
Aug 17, 2016
NW Michigan
I use the Black Diamond Positron screwgates. I have been really happy with them. They're on the smaller size but not so small as the gate opening or gripping become a problem.

SkylineReaper

Nov 5, 2018
So after checking into it I found out I to have the black diamond positron I wasn't sure what model I had I was just wondering if any other of you positron users have any issues with the internal steel snap ring rusting and then squeaking when you turn it in or out as soon as mine got wet for the first time they started squeaking like crazy.

GBlevins92

Nov 27, 2016
So after checking into it I found out I to have the black diamond positron I wasn't sure what model I had I was just wondering if any other of you positron users have any issues with the internal steel snap ring rusting and then squeaking when you turn it in or out as soon as mine got wet for the first time they started squeaking like crazy.

f6ee91dd3097dfcb6adea0302ce28bfe.jpg

Problem solved, I love this oil from dead down wind I use it on a lot of stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkylineReaper

Nov 5, 2018
I have the same oil that does work good I was just curious to see if anyone else was having the same issue.

skyjacker

SH Member
Nov 21, 2018
Oklahoma
Black Diamond Magnetron
Edelrid Slidelock
Grivel Twin Gate

All these are auto-lockers with no twisting. They are as silent as it get's. I prefer the Grivel Plume twin gate at 37g.

Trueblue

Nov 22, 2018
W
Black Diamond Magnetron
Edelrid Slidelock
Grivel Twin Gate

All these are auto-lockers with no twisting. They are as silent as it get's. I prefer the Grivel Plume twin gate at 37g.
Which model Grivel do you like.