• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What Carabiners?

Pfraze

I'm looking to upgrade my Carabiners. Just curious what everyone is using. I currently have the ones that come on a HSS lifeline. I wondered if there was anything better? I have an older trophyline that didn't use any carabiners and I plan on trying the DRT and SRT method next season. Thanks!

If your using the strap style lineman and tether that came with the TL, I personally would ditch them for rope ones, but that is just me. I bought some mad rock ones from @DanO at https://doublesteps.com/product/mad-rock-oval-tech-screw-carabiner/

They are smooth screwing them up or down and rated sufficiently.

For my bridge on those old TL saddles(I'm assuming you have the 1¾ in strap bridge) I really liked the Black Diamond rocklock carabiner because it is wide enough to allow my bridge to slide in it.

I like the Madrock super tech. I ordered a Cypher firefly ii but the Post Office lost it in the Utah desert since New Years so I cant tell you how it compares. Those HSS biners work, I have several. They are a little beefier and heavier than the Super Techs.

Last edited:
I’ve been using the metallics bravo screw lock. They aren’t the cheapest, or lightest bunt a good combination of the two.

Back