• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What do I need for srt

JCLINE84

Vendor Rep
So what do I need for a basic system. Like the cheap and solid version.

So what do I need for a basic system. Like the cheap and solid version.
At a bare minimum, you need a rope, two ascenders, a foot loop a carabiner, and a harness.

From there it depends on what you want to do. If you also want to rapel down, then your bottom ascender should have that capability, like a grigri 2 or lifelock, if you want it to auto lock in case you slip. Then look at a Rig, or ID, if you want a handle on top, then petzle makes a top ascender with a handle.

I personally decided to go very minimalistic, two ropemans, two small carabiners, and a foot loop, then I use a figure 8 to rappel down.

Coincidentally, I have a grigri2, lifelock, and petzl hand ascender in the classifieds that are left over from me switching to the ropemans system.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I use the grigri2 & the petzl handle ascender/foot loop. The handle ascender is bigger & weighs a bit more, but I like it & I already had it for rock climbing. If I am rapelling down & not using a grigri I prefer an ATC.

Ok I have a grigri 1 already that I got for free. I have Sterling htp in 9 and 11mm. Also have 8mm accessory cord. I have a ropeman 1 and a petzl micrograb. Also have carabiners. I can sew up a foot loop. So I guess I'm asking how to put it all together and actually use it. I have an evo I use now and a kestrel on the way.

@Erniepower I saw your classified listing and I also found a petzl hand ascender on eBay for $30. Just wondering if I even need it. I was thinking there had to be a less gear intensive way than a whole RADS kit. Someone on here needs to make a few videos showing a setup for our use because YouTube isn't super helpful to learn to srt for our particular application.

At a bare minimum, you need a rope, two ascenders, a foot loop a carabiner, and a harness.

From there it depends on what you want to do. If you also want to rapel down, then your bottom ascender should have that capability, like a grigri 2 or lifelock, if you want it to auto lock in case you slip. Then look at a Rig, or ID, if you want a handle on top, then petzle makes a top ascender with a handle.

I personally decided to go very minimalistic, two ropemans, two small carabiners, and a foot loop, then I use a figure 8 to rappel down.

Coincidentally, I have a grigri2, lifelock, and petzl hand ascender in the classifieds that are left over from me switching to the ropemans system.

This Is 1:1 or 2:1? Your Two Ropeman Climb. Maybe explain how you're doing it.

To use SRT, do you need a branch to attach to or throw over? I hunt mostly straight pines without branches and assumed I could not use SRT with them?

To use SRT, do you need a branch to attach to or throw over? I hunt mostly straight pines without branches and assumed I could not use SRT with them?
Yeah a branch is ideal, but you could put a screw in step at hunting height to function as a branch. The step doesn't have to hold much weight since you will be hitching your route around the tree.

Erine must be our goto guy here...I asked him a very similar question just yesterday. Hopefully he'[[ come up with something for us all soon. We like pic's and maybe videos even better,ha,ha,ha

I am by no means as good at filming as g2 or flingin. But I'll try to put something together today. Assuming the weather stays good today.

Erine must be our goto guy here...I asked him a very similar question just yesterday. Hopefully he'[[ come up with something for us all soon. We like pic's and maybe videos even better,ha,ha,ha
This is starting sound a bit inappropriate... I can see this is how the younger gen asks for nudes! LMAO

Back