• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What if I told you you could pack an elk quarter on your platform

Airy Mtn

Not sure if you're familiar with Bull Pacs but they are bombproof pack frames that have been around for some time. I've had mine forever and have always had it in mind to try and turn it into an ad hoc treestand seat of some kind. Fast forward to present day when I discovered how far tree saddles have come (don't know why it took so long) and I think I've found my application.
The pack shelf isn't really designed to stand on so I've tied back to the frame with 6mm acc. cord. Hung on a tree step and secured with cord at the top and ratchet strap and diy dogs at the bottom, this thing does not budge. Hope to add some ring steps to the ratchet strap to complete. Waiting for my dyneema to come in so just used some cheap cord for initial setup.

Compress_20220703_181651_1997.jpg
Compress_20220703_181651_1366.jpg
Compress_20220703_181650_0744.jpg
Compress_20220703_181650_0152.jpg
Compress_20220703_181649_9268.jpg

That pack can carry all the weight you can handle. Why not just attach a 4# platform to it and leave the pack for packing stuff.

That pack can carry all the weight you can handle. Why not just attach a 4# platform to it and leave the pack for packing stuff.
I am 65 in five weeks and want to eliminate every piece of equipment and cost that I can. Also I just like to make, fix and create things. I sold my horses not long ago but can still access some spots on my motorcycle but have to keep my load down. I also think every piece of saddle hunting gear I've seen is criminally over priced, so if I just need something to rest my feet on, well I already have that. I had some stuff like a RCH, biners and rope from treestanding and I built my two panel saddle with optional shoulder harness below from two cheap fanny packs I had and seat belt webbing. It has lots of pockets so I have eliminated a pack bag as well. All in I am saddle hunting for about $90 ( figure eight descender, dyneema bridge and aider, 6mm acc. cord).

Crop_20220704_080816_6779.jpg
Crop_20220704_080737_7694.jpg

Back