• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What is a good strap to get for my squirrel steps?

kidneystones_3000

I have ridge runner platform I plan buying a squirrel step so I able to move around the tree if I need to. I plan on buying a used squirrel step .Anyways I wondering what is a good strap to get for my squirrel step?

Last edited:
If your getting your squirrel steps from doublesteps.com just get the strap and ocb from there.

I have ridge runner platform I plan buying a squirrel step so I able to move around the tree if I need to. I plan on buying a used squirrel step .Anyways I wondering what is a good strap to get for my squirrel step?

If you want a strong one for around $10, call Mark at Treehopper and ask about the OCB with strap.

You can get one with a hook so it hooks up fast or one that you have to thread through which might be lighter and quieter (I'd get the hook one).

The one from EWO uses small rivets and is more lightly made and there is a recent thread where one broke and others related about their experiences with one breaking.

Back