• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

WHAT IS THAT THING YOUR SETTING IN ?

Treehopper2

SH Member
That’s the question I get asked by other hunters at my local WMA when I’m out practicing or trying out a new climbing method.
The spot I practice is next to one of the bigger parking lots at the WMA and just before season starts most guys are starting to hang stands or scout so they see me hanging in my saddle as they head to the woods and naturally want to know what it is.
By this time I’ve already done my scouting for that year so for me it’s down time and I enjoy showing guys the saddle hunting systems.
I’d say in 2 years I’ve shown 30 or more guys alone in that area my setup and let them try it out.
At first most think that’s crazy and I’m sure already have their opinion before they even touch it.
But after I let them try it on almost all of them with proper adjustments have that WOW look on there face.
Most ask where do you get one of these and how much they cost.
The reason I post this is I think it would be a neat thread to show when us saddle hunters introduce other guys to saddle hunting and get that WOW look I’ve seen before.
If you have shown someone and have pictures post them up.
I didn’t get pictures of the people I’ve got interested in saddle hunting but wish I had.

Just showed a few buddies who hunt my thoughts as they know I'm just getting feet wet. The responses are all laughter and so on. I cant wait to get my saddle in hand so I too can try to sway them. Or at least laugh at them when I (hopefully) tag up and out this upcoming season.

A first time guy can dream too right lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Im the first out of a very large group of hunting buddies to get one. Almost everyone i tell or have told about it seem extremely skeptical and against it. until i get to set up a stick and show them how it works then almost every has had that WOW moment lol

Most of my buddies hunt from shooting houses, so they all think I am nuts anyway...

I showed it at my Bowhunter Ed classes last year for the first time and some seemed to really like it, others were skeptical. I said, you really have to try it before you form an opinion. I would say 75% to 80% were genuinely intrigued, the others were concerned about all day comfort. I would also add that the younger hunters were more objective than the older ones and surprisingly, women and children were probably the most intrigued especially because you are "strapped in" at all times. I think a lot of people using traditional stands now use a FAS or FBH; however, many still do not use any system going up or down, especially folks using ladder stands. In 2017, New York began tracking tree stand related incidents for the first time (like they track Hunting Related Shooting Incidents (HRSI). More people died from tree stand falls than shootings to the tune of 5 fatalities in 2017 and I believe 3 in 2018. We are now required to stress tree stand safety even more in our classes because of this scary statistic. Saddle Hunting merges very nicely with this new required educational narrative in hunter safety.

My wife was concerned about my safety until I made her do it and now she wants her own. Not an ''O'' face but she was having fun swinging around

Back