• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What kind of bridge?

Saw this on the THP Instagram story. I know they run the Mantis, but what is this weird looking bridge?

View attachment 17189
I don't think it's Amsteel. Look at the tag end of the rope. Looks like there is a core sticking out.
I'll say one thing...Rotating with weight on the bridge would suck when that knot bumps it's way through the carabiner.
I switched to webbing. Rotation is as smooth as silk.

Last edited:
I don't think it's Amsteel. Look at the tag end of the rope. Looks like there is a core sticking out.
I'll say one thing...Rotating with weight on the bridge would suck when that knot bombs it's way through the carabiner.
I switched to webbing. Rotation is as smooth as silk.

That's what I was thinking too when I saw the tag end since Amsteel is hollow.

I’m weird because I actually enjoy splicing stuff like Amsteel, but I still choose webbing for my bridge because it does slide better. I will use an Amsteel Whoopie when I want to tinker with bridge length (when trying new saddles).
I have no idea what is going on in that picture above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was probably made at camp last minute with what they had on hand to make a longer or shorter bridge. Or maybe they accidentally cut or found wear on the original bridge and made something to make do for the time being. Looks like just a patch up job to continue the hunt.

It was probably made at camp last minute with what they had on hand to make a longer or shorter bridge. Or maybe they accidentally cut or found wear on the original bridge and made something to make do for the time being. Looks like just a patch up job to continue the hunt.

There is also some wrapping on the right side of the pic(his left side) that I can't figure out. You are probably correct with a "made at camp last minute" especially with an unseared rope end.

Last edited:
There is also some wrapping on the right side of the pic(his left side) that I can't figure out. You are probably correct with a "made at camp last minute" especially with an unseared rope end.
I see that. It almost looks like scotch tape...***?
Certainly is an odd ball rig.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back