• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What model Loc On stand is this?

TNSTAAFL

SH Member
Found it on Craigslist. Weighs 6.67 lbs with strap. Officianados out there: what did I buy?
02875fd5bec8481e0be179bed1e37fdb.jpg
9cfeb145fbd5eda2b51480cd0ad33343.jpg

That’s a dinosaur. You’ve bought a dinosaur.
My genes that appreciate Elmer Fudd hats and red-ass flannel really appreciate this stand. It’s like the pompadour of treestands, a hip relic from a bygone era.
No, I don’t know what brand it is, but it’s certainly a museum piece lol. Cool find! Lightweight too.

Could be wrong but I don't think it's a Loc-On.
The guy sold it as a Loc-On, but he didn't seem to know what model it was. Maybe it's not. I can't find any ID on it so far. Looks like there is a spot where some kind of label used to be.

I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think it's a loc on either. The loc ons that I've seen have the outer frame of the platform go all the way around to the back to form the bottom "V" stand off. This one doesn't have that. I own a windwalker, and a spirit and they have the back"V" Stand offs.

I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think it's a loc on either. The loc ons that I've seen have the outer frame of the platform go all the way around to the back to form the bottom "V" stand off. This one doesn't have that. I own a windwalker, and a spirit and they have the back"V" Stand offs.
I've noticed that also as I search images online. Can't find a pic that looks quite like mine.

I actually think I have one of these. But it's at deer camp so I can't look at it. Could it be an old API?

Possibly it's a modified Limit?

I see exposed metal on the front and back of the platform as if someone cut off the front and back portions. The seat doesn't have the Loc On label but it may have been replaced as it looks pretty new.

I actually think I have one of these. But it's at deer camp so I can't look at it. Could it be an old API?
When you're out there and have a chance I'd appreciate a comparison picture.

Possibly it's a modified Limit?

I see exposed metal on the front and back of the platform as if someone cut off the front and back portions. The seat doesn't have the Loc On label but it may have been replaced as it looks pretty new.

Don't believe it's modified. The one I have looks just like it. Can you make out anything on the stickers?

It looks remarkably like an older version of a Warren & Sweat tree stand I've had since the early 90's. The weight falls in same ballpark. They were recalled in the late 90's due to strap wear/breakage issues. I'll try to get picture to share at lunch today.

Its 100% not a Loc-on brand stand. Same era though. Theres one here locally for sale as well. For some reason I remember it being called something like a "whitetail" hang on. And as mentioned above, warren and sweat made one very similar as well..

Thanks for the insights. The Warren & Sweat treestands on Google images all look like climbers.

Mystery.

The decals just say "Weight limit this tree stand 260 lbs" (light blue sticker) and "Do not use this ..... without ....." (white sticker).

Well, there are similarities but a lot more differences. If it's a Warren & Sweat it's an earlier version. I think I bought this in the early 90's. Here are pics for comparison.

1565023402693.png
1565023447484.png
1565023505686.png

1565023541353.png

Well, there are similarities but a lot more differences. If it's a Warren & Sweat it's an earlier version. I think I bought this in the early 90's. Here are pics for comparison.

View attachment 14503
View attachment 14504
View attachment 14505

View attachment 14506
Yours has square tubing around platform. Mine is angle. Also where the posts connect to platform looks different. Subtle things that didn't jump out at me at first.

Thanks for sharing your pics!

Interesting. Your strap and where it connects to stand look identical to mine. I really wonder if the front of my platform was cut off to shed weight.
That's what made me think of it at first. I suppose its possible that your's is an earlier version of mine. The one I have weighs in at 7lbs give or take an ounce or two
Another difference though is that mine cam locks like the Predator platform when installed. Did the Loc-ons do that? I never owned an actual Loc-on brand stand.

That's what made me think of it at first. I suppose its possible that your's is an earlier version of mine. The one I have weighs in at 7lbs give or take an ounce or two
Another difference though is that mine cam locks like the Predator platform when installed. Did the Loc-ons do that? I never owned an actual Loc-on brand stand.
Given @Vtbow's assessment it sounds like this is not a Loc-On. Trust his experience on these things. Bummer though. Thought I had a find!

It doesn't appear that it cam locks. Granted, I don't have a ton of experience with hang ons, but it doesn't seem to matter whether I tighten the strap with the platform in the up or down position. Hard to get it snug either way really. Wondered whether I should add a bottom strap.

Maybe it's not even safe to mess with. It is light though. I'm a happy saddle hunter. I just saw this locally and had heard all the jazz about Loc-Ons on here and took a gamble.

Back