• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What size gear ties work best for fastening sticks to molle row on saddle? 6in, 12in, 18in etc? Should i consider other sizes for additoal uses?

Jennifer L

Looking at walmart and they have muliple length options. What works best to secure sticks to saddle while climbing tree? Also any other cool uses?

My idea was the same as theblindcat. On my platform I have a two inch loop of paracord and I use one of these molle clips to attach it to the back of my saddle as I climb.

Personally for my sticks I use four 32" long wolf sticks what I do is set the first one, the second I set on top of the first and climb up with my linesman and set it, third and fourth I tie the end of the rope for each stick to my left and right linesman loops before leaving the ground.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231022_172943.jpg
    Screenshot_20231022_172943.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 15
I use 8mm rope on my sticks so it is extremely easy to tie a single overhand knot. Probably could still be done with the straps but might not untie easy.

Loops of paracord on the stick and clip on the saddle works fine for me.

This is exactly what I am using as well. Etsy has a bunch of folks selling 3D printed clips that fit a molle system and work great. I'm using two of the small clips just in front of my dump pouches for sticks and a larger one at the rear for my TL EDP platform. Using 3 sticks with aiders, I set the first at ground level, attach the other two sticks to the clips via cord and have the platform clipped on for easy access at the top. with a haul rope on my bow, I go up once and down once for a given hunt.

I wouldn’t go smaller than 12. Worst thing would be too short, nothing wrong with having and inch or two extra in each end.

Back