• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What the get Mystery ranch vs Kifaru vs other

Outdoorsman33

I’m looking into getting a new pack for the season and I’m stuck. I’m looking at the mystery ranch pop up 28 or 38 and the Kifaru Stryker mainly but also looking at the 22 mag and shape charge. I’m looking for a good frame pack that’s versatile for southern marsh hunting packing hogs out in one trip and packing sticks. But also a packs that would be good for a 1-2day pack for camping for future hunts. I haven’t held any of the packs yet but from the basics I like the kifuar frames alittle better than the mystery ranch style just for it being a little stronger. Was wondering if any of you guys was running either of the packs/frames or another good option that you have found. I want to like the mystery ranch for the prices but I also don’t mind spending to get a good pack that will last for awhile.

I’m looking into getting a new pack for the season and I’m stuck. I’m looking at the mystery ranch pop up 28 or 38 and the Kifaru Stryker mainly but also looking at the 22 mag and shape charge. I’m looking for a good frame pack that’s versatile for southern marsh hunting packing hogs out in one trip and packing sticks. But also a packs that would be good for a 1-2day pack for camping for future hunts. I haven’t held any of the packs yet but from the basics I like the kifuar frames alittle better than the mystery ranch style just for it being a little stronger. Was wondering if any of you guys was running either of the packs/frames or another good option that you have found. I want to like the mystery ranch for the prices but I also don’t mind spending to get a good pack that will last for awhile.
Kifaru is going to handle any weight you want, but I switched to the MR 38 because the frame slides down. I like to be sleek when I'm going into the whitetail woods. It'll carry weight, but not as comfortable as the kifaru.

The only issue I would see for the 38 is size. You'd have to be pretty minimal to fit all your camping gear inside. But you can always use the load shelf.

If you're a first responder or military MR has a crazy good discount.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Kifaru is going to handle any weight you want, but I switched to the MR 38 because the frame slides down. I like to be sleek when I'm going into the whitetail woods. It'll carry weight, but not as comfortable as the kifaru.

The only issue I would see for the 38 is size. You'd have to be pretty minimal to fit all your camping gear inside. But you can always use the load shelf.

If you're a first responder or military MR has a crazy good discount.

What kind of weight have you been able to pack in the MR38? And do you think the MR38 could be paired with a kifaru frame?

What kind of weight have you been able to pack in the MR38? And do you think the MR38 could be paired with a kifaru frame?
I've only had 40lbs on it, but it felt fine.

MR and Kifaru use different buckles, so you'd have to cut them off the bag and switch them out. kifaru also uses a sleeve for the top of the bag that MR doesn't.

It could be done, but seems like a pain.

have the popup 28 and it is really well built. seems like its going to be great to pack sticks and platform for saddle hunting. I would think you can add a bunch of extra stuff to the frame also if you wanted to camp for a day or two. You could also get the lid for the top if you need extra room. Schnees has a sale on them right now but im not sure how long it will last.

have the popup 28 and it is really well built. seems like its going to be great to pack sticks and platform for saddle hunting. I would think you can add a bunch of extra stuff to the frame also if you wanted to camp for a day or two. You could also get the lid for the top if you need extra room. Schnees has a sale on them right now but im not sure how long it will last.

Do you got any pictures of your pack loaded out with your gear?

Back