• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What time of the season are you most successful harvesting deer?

What time of the season are you most successful harvesting deer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WISCO

I was thinking back over my years of hunting and trying to remember what part of the season I have been most successful. In the last 10 years or so I would say I have harvested most of my deer post rut.

This should be an interesting poll.

Up to two votes allowed

votes should be displayed for everyone to see.

I voted prerut but with different strategies the other two can be just as good. If you are outside of hound country and have a good late season food source, I think post rut can be the best by a long shot.

Interested to see this one. I didn’t vote because it would shade the results with no purpose; I only shotgun hunted in Iowa until very recently.

obviously the rut for most people...but which phase of the rut?

around here, around the end of the first week of November is when the bucks really start to move.....it's peak movement but i don't know if it is peak breeding or not

also, are you talking just deer in general or bucks?

deer in general, around here anytime is easy....there are tons of does

In PA Nov 3-10th. I had 9 Tactacams out last year and it wasn't even close for mature buck daylight activity on those days.

The rut for me, but I'm shooting bucks only these days. I see way more bucks November 1 to 15 than any other time of season.
Not saying I won't shoot a doe but I haven't for 12 years now.

I have had all my success hunting rut and post rut, but that's because I've only recently (past 3yrs) started hunting early season or pre rut.

I believe as time goes on a majority of my success will be in early season since our public land around here gets crazy starting November 1st. After around the first week of December, it gets pretty quiet again.

Back