• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What to buy?

cmbetke

Say you had $50-$100 to play with today. What would you be looking at getting? Just for fun, I'm curious.

Well i just ordered everything i needed for squirrel steps, that was over $100. Next is to get 8 more cranford steps which is about $80.

If i had 50-100 bucks i'd get another half dozen arrows, a nice Fid / pusher / puller to splice some 11mm climbing rope i just bought so i can make a few splices to create my own tether and linesmens belt

A six pack of arrows.

I know its a good problem to have but I keep breaking them by hitting other arrows in target. I'm down to 4... yikes.
Pick and choose! I try not to shoot the same spot each hand. I hate hitting and gashing expensive arrows.

Yep i dont want anything weighing me down this year. So far I've had to buy everything new. Thats climbing method and platform...
I hear ya. I'm not nearly as weight conscious as most folk in here. I'm young and nimble and can deal with the "extra weight" most don't want to deal with. I also don't hunt these vast areas of public land. The furthest I'm "walking in" is about a mile give or take and that's really not too bad.

Back