• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Whats everyone’s thoughts on the Oplux rope

TheYote

Seen a couple threads from guys using this rope because it’s not as bulky as the ropes sent with the saddles.

Seen a couple threads from guys using this rope because it’s not as bulky as the ropes sent with the saddles.
I’m a huge fan! Once you realize how strong it really is for its size the comfort level is there. Packs up incredibly. Go get some from @DanO!

Crazy light and compact

Using for my Tether and linesman.

Linesman has Figure 8 girth hitched to
Left Linesman loop and Kong Duck with
Kong oval carabiner with stopper knot,

Tether Figure 8 with 35 Beal and stopped knot.

The ropes are so much easier then Predator ropes due to size.

Carrying Tether,Linesman and HYS strap on left dump pouch and Walk in wearing kite.

I can and possibly may add 2nd tether to pouch as
Possible backup if needed.

Love the stuff. Used to use it in the military. Abrasion resistant, doesn't bind or coil up on itself. Love that I can easily fit two lines in one saddle bag

Ok. I’m on his page now. Placed an order for 20 ft. Can I not use the prusik knots that originally came with the saddle?

I was considering using Oplux for my bridge, I don’t see too many people doing that I don’t think though? Is webbing or amsteel superior to most? I’ve heard of webbing rot so I’ve strayed from it.. and you can’t tie amsteel into both sides I don’t think? I like a permanent bridge personally. Not trying to jack the thread, but curious how others feel.

I was considering using Oplux for my bridge, I don’t see too many people doing that I don’t think though? Is webbing or amsteel superior to most? I’ve heard of webbing rot so I’ve strayed from it.. and you can’t tie amsteel into both sides I don’t think? I like a permanent bridge personally. Not trying to jack the thread, but curious how others feel.

I use it for everything, including my bridge.

Awesome for getting deer across deep swamp drains too.....

0250b0dc3e81cc955dbb66a9fca8eb97.jpg

306b46c353a2c1b2b3235bc7029e164d.jpg

53a60e6df073c2c19ebcc54378303604.jpg

I'm switching to it for everything after season. Be nice if DanO put together a package maybe?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I use it for my bridge, not problems so far. I am not an expert and do not know if it is superior to webbing or amsteel.

Ok. I’m on his page now. Placed an order for 20 ft. Can I not use the prusik knots that originally came with the saddle?
No, you're hitch cord needs to be 60 to 80% of the size of the main cord, the best cord to use with Oplux is the Beal jammy or Beal Kevlar cord

I see that Wild Edge sells a 8.5 foot length of oplux with sewn eye, for use as tether or linesman. It would be half the price to buy it by the foot and make my own eye. Could also customize the length. What kind of splice do I need to make the eye, and what's the best way to finish off the main end? (I assume that it won't melt, since it's a spectra line.) Anything else I should know about cutting and working with it?

ef45467f9f37f2a0a0716f84e10d6e56.jpg

Wrap the area you want to cut with electrical tape then heat the blade and cut. Simple.

Back