• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What's your favorite?

rutjr

I've picked up a lot of stuff since I've joined this site. Lone Wolf Sticks (I modified them) (awesome!), The Predator (awesome), Versa lite straps (awesome), WE Stepps (Awesome), Lone Wolf hand climber (WOW), Kestrel (WOW), Double Steps (Awesome) , oh so much more. I have to say my favorites are the Kestrel and the lone Wolf hand climber seat. How about you? What's your favorites?

I really like how friendly and helpful everyone on here is, also I’m very big into doing stuff myself instead of buying so the diy section has been a great asset to me! I ended up building my own set of wild edge steps and didn’t have to wait a long time for them and I saved a lot of money doing them myself. Also made myself a sitdrag and used it this season with good results. I’m hoping to this spring get together with a few guys on here from my area and try out a couple different kinds of saddles and hopefully this summer get me a saddle and ditch my sit drag and heavy rock climbing harness

Ah to pick just one?

The Helium mods? Mostly cutting them down to 2 sets of steps. And 7mm acc cord instead of the buckles. Because it is such a huge improvement over the stock version. And I've been through about every climbing system there is and keep returning to the stealthy simplicity of those sticks.

The Klemz platform? I waffled about SH for the better part of a decade and there was just never another solution that made sense other than the Assassin. Seeing the Klemz "recipe" was what made me pull the trigger.

Also the MR Popup. That pack just works perfectly to transport my system. Huge component of the benefits of saddle hunting.

And aiders? I picked those up B.S. (before saddles) but can't believe anyone would use sticks without aiders. I can carry 3 sticks instead of 5 or 6 and reach the same height.

The tinkering with different aspects and the help and insight from guys with the experience. Everything is still new to me so this is a great resource for noobs without the “tools” unlike a hammock site that I won’t name...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All the input from everyone on here! After adopting Beast and DIYSPORTSMAN tactics four or five years ago, and progressively getting smarter in hunting (plus two nice bucks), I feel like I'm graduating to another level. Lighter, safer, more versatile, safer, faster, safer, you get the picture! All the innovation from y'all...versa straps, doublesteps, am steel splicing videos, platform and saddle mod videos. Everybody tinker with their gear but never casts any dispersions on anyone else's diy. I've been in my new saddle, on my predator, with my diy sticks almost every day these last few weeks. Pretty stoked for a guy entering into the fall of his hunting life! Thanks guys!!!

So today I went out on a post season scout/metal detecting/saddle playing/Lone Wolf hand climber/ shed hunting/ play day. It was awesome and I have to add to my favorites, the Mystery Ranch Mule.

Since this year I replaced my trusty, tried and true, trophyline ambush saddle ( kinda preserving it) with a new KITE (size 2) ill say that. Both are mesh, i just like it. With my mods to the kite and lone wolf hand climber, its my favorite killer combo. Especially on public land. Private land hunts, I mostly use preset locations. So besides adding the rope man 1 as a favorite, I'm waiting for the new LW customs sticks to check out. Really don't care for sticks but they are a good tool, especially real light ones!

For me it’s simple. KNOWLEDGE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I plan on adding versa straps to my sticks - outside of that the three best things I picked up from this site are:
1) Ropeman 1
2) Predator Platform
3) Mantis Saddle

Back