• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What's your other hobbies?

yakcraz

Well deer season is almost over here. It's almost time to pack up the winter hunting gear, clean guns, & venture back into other hobbies. So what do y'all do when it's not deer season? I like to hit up the spring turkey season & usually have a decent rabbit & squirrel hunt after deer season. Then it's time to fish. I took up kayak fishing some time ago. We live basically on a lake, like 5 minutes from multiple boat launches. We also vacation some in the camper during the summer which opens me up to river & stream, trout & smallmouth, fishing in TN, & saltwater fishing in the gulf.

I “used” to be a competitive rifle shooter as well as pistol. Freepistol is my favorite. I’d still be shooting if my back would let me. Two years ago I took up fly fishing. Love going after bass!

Offshore fishing is a big passion of mine. In May Im really excited to run a boat from ft Lauderdale to the Abacos to Marlin fish.
f0876a849f312a390dcd7d5506dc962e.jpg

167103e5af85a97deadb7504f31583d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to make hunting stuff from paracord and right now it’s home remodeling

I’m just waiting for shed hunting now probably start around feb 27th - end of march then it’s fishing and kayaking and scouting new areas to hunt also looking to make a few salt water fishing trips this off season

Tie flies an fly fish winter time is fly box filling time

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Scout for deer, small game hunt, scout for deer, TSI projects, scout for deer, artifact hunt, scout for deer, turkey hunt, scout for deer, mushroom hunt, scout for deer, crappie fish, scout for deer, put garden in, scout for deer, bluegill fish, scout for deer, catfish until bow season in mid-September.

Crawfish, Spearfish, and frog, I take my frogging more serious than my deer hunting.
2bc0ed995eb61baf679794b7735e315d.jpg
That many frogs will get you thrown in jail in Missouri! The daily limit is 8. Possession limit is 16 here. Man, them are some nice ones! I loves me some fried water chicken!

Camping, white water kayaking, fishing, rzr riding, water skiing, and golfing

The biggest hobby I have is building self bows and arrows. i spend a lot of time building and shooting my own archery equipment. I also turkey hunt, trout fish, scout, scout, and scout.

Small mouth bass fishing, Backpacking/camping, kayaking/kayak fishing, Photography, videography, guitars. I consider scouting and shed hunting part of "hunting" but I do that a ton as well. There is no down time throughout the year really :D

Hard water angling January through March (mostly for pike & panfish to eat).

April is mud season... should be using it to scout more.

May is sort of turkey hunting (0 for 6 so far)...if I hear any birds the first time or two.

June-July is bass fishing & bbq season.

August is pool & margarita season.

September is back to school and hunting anticipation season.

October is the most wonderful time of the year.

November is freeze your butt off while you watch trees grow and orange clad humans go for a nature walk with a gun season.

December is really freeze your ass off while you desperately try to avoid tag soup season.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Scout, Turkey hunt, squirrel hunt
But mostly I work! Lol.
I love remolding our house. I love tile work.

Summer projects this year
I have like a mile of fence to run fencing our property and cross fencing for the goats.
Front bathroom shower
Barn doors on the laundry room
French drain around the house
Paint the shed
Stain the pergola.

If I have time paint the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back