• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

When does your season start?

Murph4028

Vendor Rep
Bow season in central NC begins 7 September. Next weekend. Man I can't wait. Deer season runs through 1 January. When do your seasons start and end?

Bow season in central NC begins 7 September. Next weekend. Man I can't wait. Deer season runs through 1 January. When do your seasons start and end?
This Sunday, 9/1 for me! Longer season in DE than usual: first time (in my memory) with archery being legal every Sunday, and we have 2 extra days tacked onto the end, terminating on 2/2 instead of 1/31. It’s a great year for DE archers.

The three states I hunt:
Mass. OCT 7 to DEC 31
Ohio SEPT 28 to JAN 7
Maine OCT 5 to DEC 14

Mine has been in progress since Aug 17. Had my first two official saddle hunts, and all went well but saw no shootable game. I enjoyed it though. My son is getting married next week, which has put a damper on my hunting this year. Might not get out again this season as it ends Sept 6, and is a 4 hour one-way drive from home. I doubt there is a shorter or more restrictive archery season in any other state...

This Sunday, 9/1 for me! Longer season in DE than usual: first time (in my memory) with archery being legal every Sunday, and we have 2 extra days tacked onto the end, terminating on 2/2 instead of 1/31. It’s a great year for DE archers.

Dang I am jealous of that long season!

In TN the statewide standard dates are 9/28 through 1/5.

Last 2 years they've had a mid August velvet buck weekend- but its private land only which makes it tough. I still sat out in the mosquito filled woods and only saw turkeys.

I drew an early archery tag this year so I get to start on 9/14; but can only legally hunt on that specific piece of public land for that time. There is also a private land doe hunt that is 1/6- 1/10 that I usually get to knock a few down at.

I cannot wait!!!

Mine has been in progress since Aug 17. Had my first two official saddle hunts, and all went well but saw no shootable game. I enjoyed it though. My son is getting married next week, which has put a damper on my hunting this year. Might not get out again this season as it ends Sept 6, and is a 4 hour one-way drive from home. I doubt there is a shorter or more restrictive archery season in any other state...

Man where are you at? That seems super early.

Dang I am jealous of that long season!

In TN the statewide standard dates are 9/28 through 1/5.

Last 2 years they've had a mid August velvet buck weekend- but its private land only which makes it tough. I still sat out in the mosquito filled woods and only saw turkeys.

I drew an early archery tag this year so I get to start on 9/14; but can only legally hunt on that specific piece of public land for that time. There is also a private land doe hunt that is 1/6- 1/10 that I usually get to knock a few down at.

I cannot wait!!!
Oof, that’s skeeter hell. I’m already not stoked on the 85+ degrees of September, but there aren’t a whole ton of hunters in the woods at least. Why does your season end so early? Are deer numbers down? It seems that they’ve been trying to get more deer kill’t in our state for the last 5-10 years, and they finally answered the call to legalize Sundays. I’m pulling for longer seasons for you, brother!

Urban Hunt for my area begins Sept. 1-Jan. 31
Regular bow season is Sept. 28- Feb. 28, I believe.
#stoked

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Man where are you at? That seems super early.

Utah. Yes, general archery season is very early and very short. General rifle and muzzleloader seasons are post-rut and even shorter. All deer tags are on the draw system, be they general or limited.

General archery:
- Deer/Elk: Aug 17 - Sept 13 (or Sept 6 if spike only or antlerless)

They do have a couple of very small extended deer/elk archery areas that extend through Nov 30 or Dec 15, but they are mostly just the rugged vertical western slopes of the Wasatch front range, or private farmland - extremely difficult public land to hunt, and/or get permission to trespass on private.

Some limited entry, CWMU, or special Sportsman tags may offer slightly longer seasons than general, but take many years to draw. Even some general tags take at least a couple of years or more depending on which unit you want to hunt.

I don't want to hear anyone complaining about their short 3 month multi-tag general seasons...

Oof, that’s skeeter hell. I’m already not stoked on the 85+ degrees of September, but there aren’t a whole ton of hunters in the woods at least. Why does your season end so early? Are deer numbers down? It seems that they’ve been trying to get more deer kill’t in our state for the last 5-10 years, and they finally answered the call to legalize Sundays. I’m pulling for longer seasons for you, brother!

Great question. I don't think deer numbers are down in middle Tennessee cuz we can shoot 3 does/day all season. I am thinking the one size fits all statewide season does not fit all the nooks and crannies of the TN deer population. A few miles north of us in Kentucky they are about to start in a week!

Does it ever stop? ..... maybe it just evolves into next season. The actual hunting part, for me, in Michigan starts 10-1, but the prep never stops. Good Luck to everyone this year.

Back