• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Where’s ur hunting property??

Some public, some private all within an hour drive. Doing some out of state this fall too.

About 2.5 hour drive for me.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Out the back door, local or road trip?
Yes. I hunt mostly public. During the work week I can slip out and be at my local hunting spots within 15 minutes. I also travel for about 2 hours for long weekend camping trips on public where the hunting is really "out the back door". Luckily I have an understanding wife who puts up with me all but disappearing for a couple of months.

Mostly private with some public mixed in. Usually hunt western WI public which is within 30 min drive typically. Private is where we live in SE MN. Occasionally do other public out of state hunts as well

My honey hole is about a 400 yard walk out my back door haha... 3 public land options with 35 minutes and then my folks farm is about a 2 hr drive for me...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All public spots ranging from 10min to an hour and 45 min drive. And probably 1 maybe 2 pieces of private about 45 min away. But don’t think those will be great spots. The one private will be good for at least some doe meat but not sure I’ll be allowed to hunt that one or not yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 90 acres out my back door but, I end up hunting more public then I do private. My county is loaded with public land, some as close as 3 miles up the road. I also have 3 acres with a couple of campers that borders 16,000 acres public about 1 hour from my house. It's just far enough away to feel like your 'getting away.'

Family farm is an hour away; quick-hunt spot is a tiny suburban property 5 minutes up the road from me; public is about 45 minutes away; and family friend's farm is about an hour and 15 minutes. Have hunted out-of-state once (was on a duck hunting trip, but our whole bottom flooded out, so I decided to climb a tree instead of wading chest-deep water), which is about three hours away.

Alot of my hunting is right out my back door and thats where I prefer to hunt but I have an uncle that has a bunch of farmland that I can hunt and this year I have been looking into public and found a few spots that need some attention about 30-45 minutes away!

All 14 locations within 45 mins
Closest in back yard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Public land---20 minute drive.

Three different draw hunts: Walkers Island--30 minutes, Zoeller State forest--40-45 minute drive,

Lease: 3 hour drive.

I’m very blessed, the properties I hunt are 15 minutes away. I just lost access to one that was 5 minutes.

I have a couple private farms within 30 minutes that I hunt early on. I also have a camp in NW Pa in the middle of the Allegheny National Forest. It’s about 3.5 hours from home and I usually try to make 2 longer trips up there during hunting season. I wish I was closer to the big woods because that’s where I grew up and hunting the big woods is what really fires me up.

Back