• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Where can I try a saddle? South Central Pensylvania

tibolli

Hello All,
I am new to this forum. The thought of using a lightweight, highly mobile saddle really intrigues me. When I look at it from a reality perspective, I get the feeling the saddle will be very uncomfortable and more difficult to use than it is worth. Is there anyone in the South Central Pennsylvania (Hanover, PA) or Northern Maryland (Westminster, MD) area that would be willing to take some time and allow me to try out their saddle?

There’s a member map linked from the SaddleHunter homepage that might help you find somebody and shoot them a PM to get it touch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s a member map linked from the SaddleHunter homepage that might help you find somebody and shoot them a PM to get it touch

I looked at the map, there is no one close listed on the map. I'm sure there are a lot more people out there than those listed on the map.

I looked at the map, there is no one close listed on the map. I'm sure there are a lot more people out there than those listed on the map.

I would guess that you’re right, but haven’t been around here long enough to know for sure. Maybe someone else might know and jump on this thread

Hello All,
I am new to this forum. The thought of using a lightweight, highly mobile saddle really intrigues me. When I look at it from a reality perspective, I get the feeling the saddle will be very uncomfortable and more difficult to use than it is worth. Is there anyone in the South Central Pennsylvania (Hanover, PA) or Northern Maryland (Westminster, MD) area that would be willing to take some time and allow me to try out their saddle?

I live a couple hours west of you near Deep Creek Lake and work in Cumberland MD which is a little closer. There are a couple of guys from the Baltimore area (@Vorsteg and @Bigterp )that are closer than that to you and might be willing to let you try their stuff. If not, I would be happy to let you try out what I have if your up this way, which is a Kestrel, an evolution, a sit drag and some homemade fleece saddles.

Hello All,
I was hesitant to begin with as well, the whole concept appears complicated & hard to figure out. I found it to be quite the opposite, I haven’t hung a stand since I got my saddle. I’d be happy to let you hang & go over concerns/ test drive. Just shoot me a pm & we can get together.

Hello All,
Im in Seven Valleys man! 20 minutes from you and I have a size two Kestrel

See guys - THIS IS WHY SADDLEHUNTER.COM IS THE BEST FORUM ON THE INTERNET.

crying-jordan-tv-01-480x320.jpg

As a new mobile hunter I skipped straight to buying the Kestral and am loving it. This is my first time climbing trees at all since I only started hunting last fall. I had a ladder stand but realized quick I needed to be mobile and had success from the ground. Watch a bunch of youtube and ask all the questions you need to. This is a great time to get into it because new saddles are coming out and you can most likely find a discounted 2nd hand kestral on SH classifieds or the facebook group. Good luck!

Back