• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Where to buy spliced eye rope like what tetherd sells?

Wmihunter

Is there a place that sells rope with spliced eyes like tetherd does? Looking for a cheaper option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheaper will be hard to find. Hand splicing is about $25 plus rope cost. Sewn eyes are around $15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like @Squirrels said it won't be much cheaper. For instance at wesspur predator rope is .95/ft. So for a tether and linesmans belt you would need 20', plus two splices at $25 each, you are already at $70 and still need rope for prusiks and caribiners. The Ascent lites Tethrd uses are about $17 each. You start adding it up and you realize how good of a deal the Tethrd ropes are.

I don't think spliced you'll find any cheaper....not sure when everyone became allergic to knots. I've been carrying a tether with an overhand knot for 10 years since I started with an RCH. What's the difference in volume? Maybe one cubic inch? Two if you go with a figure 8 instead?

Not that spliced rope isn't cool, but you certainly aren't slumming it using a quality rope with a knot in it. I'd rather have a good rope knotted than a junk rope spliced.

Last edited:
RW Rope sells I believe the same rope as Tethrd
They call it their prespliced treestand line 1/2”
I just ordered a 30 foot rope with 5 inch eye splices on both ends and 2 - 8mm Prusik Cost me $55
All I will need to do is cut the rope at the length I want and tie a knot
So, basically I got the tether and lineman’s rope. All I need is a couple of carabiners

Last edited:
Wesspur. I got Samson predator 9 foot long with a 5 inch hand splice and on the other end a tight sewn splice. I ordered 2 of them and they were 105 shipped if you dont do the sewn splice it would be 75 shipped. So I would be cheaper and a foot longer but your not getting the carabiner. I wanted a splice on both ends and I already had the carabiner so didnt make sense to spend more money.

Wesspur does a great job, just got my lineman's and tree tether from them. But like@squirrels said, tethered has a great deal unless you already have the hardware.

Back