• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Where to put back band

Treehopper2

SH Member
I have always had issues on what to do with my back band when walking in and out.
I know most guys just put them in a dump pouch but for some reason I hate those things bouncing around on my saddle.
I tried rolling it up and clipping it to a clip but some how it would always end up unfolding. I’m sure I could find a
Rubber band or something to hold it but that’s another thing to keep up with.
I also have the issue of the paracord Prusik loops coming undone on the bridge when the back band wasn’t hooked in.
What I have been testing is when I’m done with the back band I unhook the clip from one side of the bridge run back trough the linemen loops then back to the bridge Prusik loop. Then do the same Thing on the other side. I leave it loose so it bares no wait climbing up and down.
So far it works great and I never feel it while walking and it’s always there when I need it.
I one stick now so I haven’t been using my linemen’s loops so I can’t say if that will be a issue.
e49bcaf876c8d97d9564aa6e14f7e8d7.jpg
f971ece59b2525fa4f21ac0acce05cd4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has nothing to do with your back band but how’s that flex?. I sold my mantis and ordered one myself. Still waiting until late July

This has nothing to do with your back band but how’s that flex?. I sold my mantis and ordered one myself. Still waiting until late July
I like it so far with just practicing it feels great but until I hunt for a few hours I won’t really now anything.
It for sure cups you more than a kestrel or mantis. I think over time the flex part will just stay open and not retract which I don’t feel is a problem.

I use small S-Biners to connect my back band to paracord prussics on my bridge. When I’m not using the back band the 2 prussics get moved to one side of the bridge and the S-Biners get connected to each other to keep the prussics from coming undone. The back band gets folded in thirds and placed in a pocket, in my pack or slid between my saddle and my back.

Mine gets rolled up and the strap holds it together. I then hook it to a para loop on back of saddle.

I know you said you don't care for dump pouches, however, the Tethrd Sys Hauler ES is great for this. I have my tether and linesman belt in the main pocket, my backband in one of thevside pockets. As for the prussics on my bridge, a small o-ring works wonders.

Brilliant! I'll now be carrying my bow with my backband. Gear that serves two purposes. You the man!
Thanks man
Heck yeah. I try to double duty every thing. if I carried my sticks another way I would try to use the back band to carry something.
I’m literally trying to get everything down to carry on my kestrel, no pack, sling on sticks , sling on weapon. I even sling carry my extra clothes. I dislike packs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roll it up and clip it to the back of my saddle. The new ones have loops that help keep it tight and secure.

Back