• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Which Predator Platform

NDS1227

New saddle hunter here and I’m curious which platform you would go with if you were in my shoes....

Option 1 - order the regular predator platform and get it now. This would give me a month, or a little more, to practice shooting out of my saddle and platform.

Option 2 - order the new Predator XL and get it right at hinting time?

I like the idea of a larger platform but I also don’t know any different (larger vs smaller). Would you get one now for the practice element, or wait for the larger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Option #3. Buy both and then sell the one you don't like as much. :)

I only own the small but have big feet,size 13. I dont see the need for a bigger one,just more bulk to carry.

New saddle hunter here and I’m curious which platform you would go with if you were in my shoes....

Option 1 - order the regular predator platform and get it now. This would give me a month, or a little more, to practice shooting out of my saddle and platform.

Option 2 - order the new Predator XL and get it right at hinting time?

I like the idea of a larger platform but I also don’t know any different (larger vs smaller). Would you get one now for the practice element, or wait for the larger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would go for option 1 for all the reasons you mentioned. It is a great platform. Plus it is never bad to wait a year and let others find any possible flaws on the xl. I do not expect to see issues but it is a new platform.

Back