• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Which size Hero Clip

cmcnorth

Hi everyone,

I was able to pick up a 2 pack of heroclips which I didn't realize were the small and mini models.
My original intention was to use a medium for my bow holder and a small for my quiver or pack.

I am wondering if you think I can get away with a small through my cam (hoyt hyperforce) for a holder, and a mini for my quiver (tight spot). I don't like the idea of my gear plummeting 20ft to the ground due to improperly sized gear.

Regards

Their website says the small holds up to 50 pounds and the mini 40 pounds. I would think you would be okay with those for what you want to do.

Its not so much that it wont support the bow, the issue is getting the hook to hold the bow in place. The medium allows a larger hook for the bow to rest inside the hook/catches and wont slip off. The smaller hooks, depending on the bow, might have issue getting to to hook somewhere and not have that feeling its going to slip off and fall 20+ feet to the ground.

Back