• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

White camo

Skrause5

Went hunting this morning and it's been snowing for three days now. And I got spotted by two bucks do you guys wear white camo during time of year or just regular camo. Kind of feel like I am sticking out like a sore thumb with all this white around me

Ya I don't have 400 dollars to drop on camo nor do I want too
I made snow camo out of some old white sweat pants and top from Walmart to wear over my outer layers. I turned it inside out to use the fuzzy side and sprayed on some grey and black to give me some contrast. BAM! way less than $400. I don't use it much but I have it if I need it, and it was cheap.

Check out https://www.camofire.com/ they have snow camo on sale a lot of the time....
If you've got hunting clothes, all you need a is a light snow camo outer layer to wear over the clothes you already have.

White camo is magic. My first set was an East German surplus set and it was not at all fancy. Worked great. Simple white camo coveralls are cheap and do the job. I recommend a quiet fabric and forget the waterproof stuff unless you spend good money. The cheap waterproof stuff is usually really noisy. Over the years I have graduated to an insulated set but not necessary at all. I just may have to get my set out .......snowing like crazy here right now and I have the last 2 days of season off work.

I dont wear white camo however I wear predator fall grey. IMO it us good enough for dual use.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Ya I don't have 400 dollars to drop on camo nor do I want too

I have the gamehide ambush set from LLbean. I think I paid like $45 for the jackets and pants. It’s pretty baggy and uninsulated so it just fits over your outer layer. I haven’t used it but a handful of times but for the price I am very happy with it.

I dont pay much attention to the color of camo anymore. I do pay attention the UV fibers in them. Look at anyt bu ing you wear in the woods be it blue Jean's and flannel or some high dollar outfit make sure to kill the UV it puts off. Shine a black light on it amd see it. You'd be surprised how many high dollar camo brands shine like hazard lights in the woods. They make detergent to kill it. And dont was with normal detergents that have "Color Brighteners" I just make sure what I wear is suitable for the day weather wise now, warm enough or rain proof more than actual patterns.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Be careful not to confuse the two....

index.php

kkk-robe-l.jpg

It could get ugly....

Back