• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Who wants a cookie?

Nutterbuster

SH Member
Cookie to anybody who can tell me if anybody makes a floating bar buckle with a built-in snap link that is climbing rated. Basically if the two pics below had a baby.

Trying to start working on the ultimate webbing tether, and I really am hoping this exists.
58790d43ccd8d1717c7a47f6dcc2cb32.jpg
932152fe187ede8e9d735d5729830f30.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

@Nutterbuster what size webbing are you thinking?
I've daydreamed about 1" tubular, but I've used 2" this year and it packs smaller than a Little Debbie cake. 1.75" would be sufficiently strong I believe.

I'd like to find a source for something adequately rated in a good camo pattern. And if I could find a company that would stitch a custom 6' strap with a loop on one end I'd be in heaven.

I'm not looking for much, just perfection and convenience!

I've daydreamed about 1" tubular, but I've used 2" this year and it packs smaller than a Little Debbie cake. 1.75" would be sufficiently strong I believe.

I'd like to find a source for something adequately rated in a good camo pattern. And if I could find a company that would stitch a custom 6' strap with a loop on one end I'd be in heaven.

I'm not looking for much, just perfection and convenience!

Well the one @elk yinzer posted is for 1.75 and rated at 5000 lbs. It's carabiner ready. As far as webbing goes, the manufacturers will pretty much make what ever you want if it's a large enough quantity.

This is the color webbing I'm hunting. I've only ever seen it offered by Summit, and have no idea if it's nylon or poly, or what the rating is.

But 6ft of that with a 4" loop on one end and something like red's link on the other would be very interesting I think.
53616bc9f1e16572efb3dabf9fd3bce7.jpg

Well the one @elk yinzer posted is for 1.75 and rated at 5000 lbs. It's carabiner ready. As far as webbing goes, the manufacturers will pretty much make what ever you want if it's a large enough quantity.
My only beef with the d-ring style is you'd need a separate biner. I'd like to combine the two pieces in line with KISS. There's no reason to need two components there aside from the fact that what i want just doesn't exist. :(

May end up going that route. I'd like something that would emulate the function of a ropeman. A ropeman and biner pretty much act as one simple unit, with mininal clinking and fussing.

That webbing on the summit backpack straps sucks. Try some light green webbing and one of these.
4F7BEBC1-349E-4825-A2EB-CAE107D728D8.jpeg

I have that summit strap - or same pattern, different length/design - from an old summit stand I've gotten rid of. It does suck. I replaced it with a molle shoulder & waist strap and may still have the strap hiding in the garage somewhere if you want it. But I assure you, you don't want it.

My only beef with the d-ring style is you'd need a separate biner. I'd like to combine the two pieces in line with KISS. There's no reason to need two components there aside from the fact that what i want just doesn't exist. :(

May end up going that route. I'd like something that would emulate the function of a ropeman. A ropeman and biner pretty much act as one simple unit, with mininal clinking and fussing.

Separate biner can be useful as an emergency/multitasking backup. Say as a biner for a backup/secondary lineman's belt if you prefer to carry one. Unless there's a meaningful packing, silence, or weight advantage I favor multitaskers, especially if they can be stored assembled. then you get KISS plus emergency flexibility. As long as the biner + dring could be silenced and packed down well while still connected, that sounds pretty good.

Nice thinking. I've never used that sort of setup so I am only asking. How easy is it to adjust? Any floating 3 bars I have used are a pain to adjust, especially after you load it up good, and even after you take the load off it seems to lock in and make losing difficult. That could be due to the quality of the ones I have used.

Back