• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Whoopie Sling Bridge?

AnotherJoe

Hey Guys,
First post, of what I'm sure will be many for me. I got a Mantis on order, and I'm betting that one of the first changes I will want to make make is adding an adjustable bridge to find that perfect spot for comforts sake. I've been trolling the site a while and haven't found my answer yet. So firstly, are there any cons to the whoopie sling? Does it ever tend to slip as you rotate your hips and slide the sling through the carabiner? And does the loose tag end ever get in your way.
Some pics of peoples slings would be appreciated as well.

If the woopie sling is done right, it won’t slip with weight on it. The tag end is also fairly short (8-10”) even when the bridge is adjusted to its shortest. ( It all depends on how long you make it). As you rotate and the bridge slides through your carabiner, you may notice a hump when you transition over the crossover of one to two strands of the rope. I don’t have a pic, I sold that setup this spring. Check with the above post, I think he had done some video or at least a good description of it. I decided to Go with a flex and rope bridge, will be splicing eyes to remove knot bulk.

An easy tip to get a good bridge length is to just use your linesman belt at ground level. You can unhook that from your linemans loops and attatch it to your bridge loop. Mess around with the length until you find the sweet spot. I like the stock length but am thinking about making a small adjustment just to try. Dont over look the tether height either, sometimes that's the key.

An easy tip to get a good bridge length is to just use your linesman belt at ground level. You can unhook that from your linemans loops and attatch it to your bridge loop. Mess around with the length until you find the sweet spot. I like the stock length but am thinking about making a small adjustment just to try. Dont over look the tether height either, sometimes that's the key.

This sounds like a great idea, almost too simple. I feel like a true locked brummel would be a way more secure choice than the whoopie but i also wanted to make sure I got the right length for me. I'm also not going to overlook the tether height either, I'll be sure to try it at different spots before I removed the fixed bridge that comes with the mantis. Its just after already waiting 5 weeks for this thing, and it looks like it will be another 4-5 before it gets here, I want to be ready to get in the saddle and start practicing. If Im lucky I might get three weeks before season opener.

Just remember, it’ll take some time to dial it all in. Try one thing, see how u feel. Tweak a little, then tweak again. Eventually you’ll get it right for you.

Like a lot of saddle hunters, my preferences are evolving. As for my whoopie bridge, I liked it for the most part but I seemed to settle in on the length quickly, so after an hour or 2 in the yard, I dialed it in and have not adjusted it.
For me, a short bridge (leaner on a platform, very low tether) is critical because it gives me better elbow clearance when drawing my recurve. If my draw arm elbow hits anything during the draw, it destroys my concentration which is vital to instinctive shooting.

How my preferences are evolving in relation to my bridge...
I tried a Flex with the webbing bridge and I much prefer to webbing rather than the Amsteel.
Webbing glides thru the carabiner like butter.
I have a plan for converting my Amsteel to webbing...just haven't ordered the webbing yet.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back