• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Who's hunted a kangaroo?

NikoTheBowHunter

The other day I seen post on Reddit that in Australia, they sell kangaroo brats/links/whatever you want to call them. That got me thinking, how does one even hunt a kangaroo? Are kangaroos skiddish? Do they come to game calls? So, anyone here ever hunted a kangaroo? If so what was your experience?

https://www.oxhuntingranch.com/texas/kangaroo-hunting/ (link I stumbled upon while searching the subject)

I have in Australia. I was there for a month and a half working with the SAS and we went out on the weekends and laid waste to some Roos on one of my friends ranch. Those guys were telling me they’re like a pest, like how we think of feral hogs. Anyways it was a blast.

Sent from parts unknown

I didn't get to hunt them while I was in Australia in college but saw heaps of them. They seemed more tolerant of people than deer, but only a little. I did have the opportunity to have some tail roasted right on the fire. Reminded me of venison.

The other day I seen post on Reddit that in Australia, they sell kangaroo brats/links/whatever you want to call them. That got me thinking, how does one even hunt a kangaroo? Are kangaroos skiddish? Do they come to game calls? So, anyone here ever hunted a kangaroo? If so what was your experience?

https://www.oxhuntingranch.com/texas/kangaroo-hunting/ (link I stumbled upon while searching the subject)

Wow!! I looked at this ranch and if you can hunt here...you can hunt the world over.

I have in Australia. I was there for a month and a half working with the SAS and we went out on the weekends and laid waste to some Roos on one of my friends ranch. Those guys were telling me they’re like a pest, like how we think of feral hogs. Anyways it was a blast.

Sent from parts unknown

How did you hunt them? Walk n stalk? Drive around until ya spotted some then let the rifles rip? Interesting to know they look at them as pests kinda like we look at the feral hogs.

How did you hunt them? Walk n stalk? Drive around until ya spotted some then let the rifles rip? Interesting to know they look at them as pests kinda like we look at the feral hogs.

Honestly we drove around and stood in the bed of a truck, chased them and shot from the truck while moving. Day and night time with night vision goggles and lasers. We did some walking at night too just looking in open areas. Also watched open areas from long range with sniper weapons and spot and shot.

That’s the tactics the guys we were with suggested as far as the trucks and chasing them. I’m not sure if the overall consensus for the country was they’re pest but the guys we were with definitely made it seem so.

Sent from parts unknown

Back