• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Whose using shikar minis with aiders

Outdoorsman33

I’m in the market for a new minimal climbing method with sticks. Been eyeing the shikar minis with 3 step aider was wondering for those who have used them what are the pros and cons you may have found in using them?

I bought a used one recently to use with a 3 step aider. I've only used it once, and only went 1 move up. The only things I would change would be making the standoffs fixed, not sure if they're just loose or designed that way, I would prefer a double step over the scout and personally don't care for the cam cleat.

It's over all working as well as I had hoped. I do love my 3 step aider and it's working great with the mini. No issues with kick out or stability

Back