• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Widening the Hawk Helium cleat

Gordonc615

I've really thinking about modifying my sticks by somehow widening the cleat so I get a firmer attachment to the tree when climbing. Was just wondering if anyone else has and if so how they did it. Really just thinking about bending the cleat out somehow wither with a hammer or sledge I guess. Ive seen how wide the cleats for beast and other sticks are which is why I'm thinking about this now.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I've really thinking about modifying my sticks by somehow widening the cleat so I get a firmer attachment to the tree when climbing. Was just wondering if anyone else has and if so how they did it. Really just thinking about bending the cleat out somehow wither with a hammer or sledge I guess. Ive seen how wide the cleats for beast and other sticks are which is why I'm thinking about this now.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
You will probably break it with a hammer or even worse weaken it and break it later at 20 feet up a tree.

I would not do this either. You might consider looking at eastern woods outdoors and looking at DanO’s cleats in the climbing stick parts section. Even if you have to mod those a little to work on the hawks, I can tell you they grab the tree bark like nobody’s business. More than any stick I’ve ever owned for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back